Read in your language!

Friday, October 13, 2017

Day 6: Favorite Water Starter

As I've stated before, and even if it makes me sound like some sort of hipster, I loved Mudkip before the popular meme even existed. I mentioned before that when I first played the GBA games - Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald - I somehow chose my starter based on the color of the game, without even noticing it. My first game was Sapphire and I chose Mudkip, then I got Ruby and I used Torchic, then when I got Emerald, despite wanting to use Mudkip again, I had to use Treecko, as it wouldn't be fair to have all 3 titles, but not use all 3 starters. And while Treecko did quickly become totally awesome in my eyes, Mudkip still held a lot of love, as well as incredible usefulness.

For starters, it's pretty handy in early game, where it can easily wipe out Roxanne, and stand up to Brawly, as well as completely wreck Wattson due to Mashstomp's Water/Ground typing that makes Electric attacks worthless. It goes on to be great against Flannery and against Tate and Liza, and is an easy candidate for using Surf on, so you can venture around Hoenn's vast ocean with ease.

Plus, Mudkip's just really adorable. Sadly, though, I wouldn't be getting its shiny anytime soon, I'm not a fan of the bright purple-pink color that it turns into, along with the rest of the evolution line. Nothing against the color, but Mudkip looks better as blue and orange.


Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment