Read in your language!

Sunday, December 31, 2017

2018 Goals

And so, we've finally made it to the end of 2017, and we'll be closing the 2nd chapter of the blog's life thus far. I still can't even believe I've been motivated enough to keep running this blog for the 500+ posts that are currently up, and all of it started with a silly little look at the demo for Kirby: Planet Robobot. But I won't reminisce for too long, I can save that for August 2018 when the blog reaches 2 years.

It's been a very long year, and I didn't complete too many of the goals I set for myself. But despite that, I've still done some of them, so I'll still call it maybe... a half success? Better than getting none of the goals done, yeah? So in a similar vein to how I structured last year's goals, I'll do something similar for this year's goals, at least for the things that would wind up being placed on the blog, you know?

I know that my posts have been lacking over the last few months, and I know I've taken too many off days, as well as just had lackluster stuff, and I guess this has sort of turned into a pseudo journal of sorts, as well, but I guess that's not too big of a deal since nobody's really told me that it's bad, so I'll just continue as I am now. But anyways, onto the schedule before I wind up making you drown in text.

Art
- I guess, in general, just try to draw more, so I can continue to slowly improve. I've had countless ideas of like.. drawing scenes from games or something like that. I used to do a few of those forever ago, where I drew little Paper Mario things. I... only did two or three though. I did one for the Koopa Bros., I did one for Tutankoopa, and I think I did one for the Crystal King, but the sketch books I used were thrown away about 5-6 years ago when I briefly moved out of this house to live with my dad and his then-girlfriend, before coming back to this house a few months after that. As hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20, I really wish I kept those so I could look back on my old art, maybe even get inspired by old ideas I had. Ah well, such is life.

But I still want to try to recreate stuff like I used to try. I used to be a lot more outgoing with my art, now I'm always nitpicking and always so critical on how other people will see it. Fun.

- I really, REALLY want to make an effort to redraw old characters of mine I'd abandoned forever ago (and probably half of those would wind up being old Sonic characters I'd made back on my very, very early days of being on deviantArt), except I'm actually far better at art now than I was way back when. And some of those characters would be the Children's Book characters (will I ever actually redraw them and/or try to make stories with them?) but I hope I actually look at this list more often and remind myself. After all, 12 months is a long time.

Games
- Now, I WOULD mention games I want to platinum on PS3 but considering how abrupt and sudden it was to receive a Switch, I had no idea that it would happen. To be fair, I could always play the Switch whenever I want in handheld mode so I can keep the PS3 hooked up, but we'll see. I'll leave a tentative list of games I want to platinum, but I'm not making any special promises, just in case the Switch sucks me into more games and stuff.

- As for the tentative list, I would like to platinum the following games in 2018, if I can:
- Bioshock 2
- Bioshock Infinite
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
- Potentially return to Shovel Knight after King of Cards comes out, and get every feat for Plague, Specter, and King Knight (I'm working on it on the Switch version, to be fair, so at least I'll have some experience)
- Demon's Souls... eh... I'll try, if I ever get around to it

Blog
- I guess, in general, I want to see my blog grow a bit more. I want to hope that maybe I can make it past 20 followers on the blog itself, and I guess on Twitter I want to make it past 30, if possible. I just honestly want this blog to keep growing because, despite how lackluster some of my posts are, I'm always happy to be putting out silly posts every single day. And I'm glad that you all still take time out of your days just to look at what weird/silly/dumb things I have to say the next day.

And that's it for the goals. I purposely didn't include writing this time as I haven't felt like writing too much, honestly. But I hope I can accomplish some of the goals. At the very least I want to accomplish the art goals in 2018, then I can say I did well for the year. But thank you all so much for your continued support all throughout 2017, and thank you for closing the year with me. I hope to see you again in 2018 and I hope that we reach even greater heights together in the new year. Thank you, and have a happy new year, whenever it might happen where you live!

Follow the blog on Twitter!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment