Read in your language!

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

A Little Christmas Picture

So I worked on this all night last night and I worked on it for most of today, and even though I decided not to shade, and even though posing is annoying, I'm really happy with how this turned out.

So I'm sure the biggest question from anyone would be who these other characters are next to Cinders. Well, I can explain, and I can also talk about the year in general. If we're going chronologically, let's start with the character on the right, my (underused) Sonic character, Gamma the Dragon.

Back when I used to draw a lot more, I, like so many other people, had a Sonic character, which always seems to be the starting point for fursonas and other silly things like that. He was a hedgehog, later turned into a hedge-fox (so original, I know), and eventually I finally decided to scrap him so that I could have a character that feels more original. Since I love dragons, I figured I'd do that. Having no knowledge on how I should go about it, however, I asked a friend (at the time, in 2014) to draw me a concept so I could work with it. She came up with a profile image of him, which I tweaked slightly to make it look a little better, and, well, he's had this design ever since. I've tried to redesign him, but the closest I got was making him look too much like me, which brings us the perfect little transition to the other character, the dog.

The dog is, well, he's my fursona. I.. have a really weird time being able to say I have a fursona because I don't consider myself a furry by any means, but yeah.. puppy 'sona. I chose a golden retriever because I was told that I'm most like one, and I also just really love dogs, they're my favorite animal besides cats. It's sort of funny, I've always wanted anthro practice but I've never had much progress on it (snouts would literally be the death of me), but now since I made the puppy back in May, I've had a lot of, well, anthro practice. But I love him, I try to make him sweet and innocent and adorable, basically everything I'm not. But yeah...

I guess the overall point to this picture is that I think I've done a bit of self-discovery as the year has gone by. I've lost friends and made friends, I've opened up a bit more, and I think I've become a little more comfortable with myself as a whole. I have to admit that I'm really nervous about saying that I have a 'sona or a Sonic character, because I know peoples' stigmas on Sonic characters and on furry characters, and it's an annoying stigma but hey, can't change how people think.

So, despite the really weird monologue about characters and personal feelings, I really hope you like this Christmas picture of these 3 silly characters, and I'll see you again soon!


Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment