Read in your language!

Saturday, December 16, 2017

2017 Goals: Then and Now

So, I'll be the first to admit that I didn't manage to complete even half of the goals I set for myself at the very end of 2016. I have completed some, but others were not completed due to unforeseen circumstances, changed moods, surprises, etc. I'll be listing everything that I put on the list last year and explaining whether it was completed or not, and if it wasn't completed, I will be explaining why it wasn't done. For anyone who looked forward to seeing more of those completed goals, I apologize, and I hope that in 2018 I can make some goals that I can actually set out to do.

Art (Most of this can be applied to a change of mind or just losing the motivation)
- Actually do some things with the Children's Book characters. To be honest, this is the single art piece that I actually forgot to do. Like it never once crossed my mind again like some other things tend to do. Like, I had meant to do silly pictures for holidays or maybe just silly pictures for any occasion, you know? But I took an art hiatus after June and I didn't draw again until I made those few Pokémon pictures, then did the whole Poketober thing. After that, I sort of stopped drawing again, only taking a day to draw a gift for my grandma's birthday this past Thursday, the 14th. In fact, I only remembered this one after seeing it on the list, because I sat there saying "Wow, I completely forgot that this was even on the list I made. Oops." But hey, maybe in 2018 I'll actually try and I won't forget this time.

- A Fire Emblem Fates picture that I would have titled "You of the Dark," which was meant to be some sort of big picture that involves all of the instances Corrin has to go against his/her Nohrian siblings in the Birthright route of Fates. As you can see, I... obviously never got around to it. This did sort of slip my mind, but I never truly forgot about it, like I did for the previous paragraph. I think it was too much of an ambitious idea, as I'm sure I never would have been able to pull it off. I think I can blame this on the art hiatus that I took after June, but also I just got really sucked into watching YouTube, especially after doing that Fates Randomizer run.

- References for old characters of mine. Now.. this is sort of.. half done. I've retrieved really old art of mine and I have it saved, and I have other characters to do references for, I just haven't gotten to it yet, mainly due to the surprise onslaught that was November and receiving the Switch, then getting Pokémon on my birthday, now I have Zelda, and so on. Is it a good excuse? Not really. I could always take a break from Zelda and draw, but I have to have the motivation to do it. If I just try to draw, but my heart isn't in it, it won't come out well. I have to want to draw, and also enjoy it. In my opinion, drawing when you don't want to will only make the final piece's quality really dull and you won't like it, and you'll nitpick at it, then you'll lament that you only did it to be able to say "I did it and now it's done," you know? I'll try for 2018 though.

Writing
- Just more writing in general. Well.. that never happened, I'll tell you that right now. My writing vat is completely empty, but my art vat is full to bursting for this year. I sort of let myself have a break, since I wrote so much last year, and I didn't think I would get so into drawing this year, so maybe it's good that I didn't write and I just let myself draw? I won't call this a complete loss, I guess, since I did improve on my art in exchange for putting writing aside, but at the same time I just honestly couldn't think of what to write. Even when I wanted to, the words never came to me.

Blog
- Have anywhere between 10-25 followers by the end of the year. This one was successful a long while ago. Looking right now, the blog itself has 14 followers on it, and the Twitter page has a total of 24 followers. This is a massive success, as far as I'm concerned, and I can only hope the number gets even higher throughout 2018.

- Post better content in hopes to get more author-to-follower communication. I can't honestly tell if my content has gotten better over the year, that's up to you guys to inform me and let me know what has to improve. And while the communication hasn't ever gone anywhere, I can safely say that I have had small amounts of responses in a few things I've posted on Twitter, so... progress?

Gaming (Most of these can be attributed to my unexpected gift of the Switch)
- Platinum Re:Chain of Memories. As you're all well-aware of, I DID complete this way back in March and it was my 50th platinum, voted by all of you over Borderlands. And despite struggling with the endgame grinding monotony that was Level Master Sora/Riku, I still managed to pull through and I'm glad I got such a difficult platinum out of the way.

- Platinum Demon's Souls. I'll be honest, I never even touched the game. It's not that I didn't want to try, or that I couldn't attempt to actually continue the game, I just.. never thought about it much, and then the mid-year drama happened, then the Switch and yeah... Whenever I trophy hunt again, I'll try to return to it, but it might be a while.

- Start and platinum Bioshock 2/Infinite. Similar to the previous line, I just never got around to it honestly. I will eventually, though, I'm just dreading Bioshock 2's multiplayer trophies.

- All 326 paths in Shadow the Hedgehog. Now this is a sad one. I actually was making some really decent progress at night with this, like.. almost every night earlier in the year I was doing maybe, on average, 3-7 paths at night (Would have been way more if I'd play all day, obviously, but I didn't want to get tired of the game). I was doing great, but then a lot of drama and stress happened in April and I had to stop playing it completely as it reminded me of the things that were happening. Will I try again sometime? Absolutely, because I love the game. But when will it be? I'm not sure, but this is the one that I take the most loss out of, because I was so determined to do it and I dropped the ball so hard, and I always felt bad about it.

And that's the end of last year's list. I'll probably make another list by the end of the month, but we'll see if I do, there's still 15 days until the very end of the year. I can't believe how fast December has blown by. But anyways, thanks for reading, thanks for sticking with me for so long, and stay warm/cozy in all this crazy weather, alright?

Follow the blog on Twitter!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment