Read in your language!

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

My First Ultra Moon Team

I don't know when I planned to do this, especially with how suddenly I got Zelda, and it threw my plans around a bit, but I'll just use today to discuss my first team in Ultra Moon. While it's nothing spectacular or anything, I mainly tried to use Pokémon that I haven't used before, and with an additional 100 Pokémon added to the Alola Dex, I had some additional choices as well. In the end, I picked 5 Pokémon that I enjoyed using and were a great help to me throughout this new journey in Alola. Let's get right into it.

So, despite potentially considering taking Popplio instead if Litten this time, I decided to stick with fire kitty. I was also completely unsure of what my final team was, but I know I wouldn't go wrong with having another Incineroar to cause havoc with. At least this one didn't have terrible Defense like mine in Sun, so that's awesome. A huge thanks goes out to it, for surviving an attack from Ultra Necrozma, living on 1 HP out of affection, in order to perform Malicious Moonsault and defeat Ultra Necrozma. Great job Incineroar, I'm glad you held on!

I debated on taking Furfrou, but I've used it a few times before, so I figured it would be best not to reuse it for like.. the 4th time, for a new playthrough. However, I forgot that Buneary was in the wild in Route 1, so I took it along with me. In early game, it was pretty strong, and even though it sort of fell behind a little bit as the game went on, Lopunny was still a great choice to fall back on in the event that I needed some backup, or if some Normal type attacks were the best choice of action. Plus, it had Cute Charm, so that was always a nice little plus if the infatuation kicked in on my opponents.

I felt that I needed some sort of Water type to be able to handle Fire types and Ground types later on in the game. Despite considering Wishiwashi, I had already used it in another team in Sun, so I fell back on another I really wanted to try, and that was Araquanid, and with its monstrous Special Defense, plus the fun from Aqua Bubble, it could easily withstand Fire type attacks, and even most Special Attacks. Sadly it can't take much physical abuse, especially from a strong enough Rock type move, or, most likely, a hard-hitting Zing Zap, but hey, it still pulled through for me.


This Fairy is a legend in my team now - as a silly joke - because of how easily it managed to take down some of the admins of Team Rainbow Rocket. Palkia, who rules over space? Taken down by Comfey. Kyogre, capable of flooding all of Hoenn? Taken down by Comfey. Yveltal, who caused so much destruction 3,000 years ago? Defeated by Comfey. Comfey may not be the strongest Pokémon, but its Special Attack, plus Dazzling Gleam, really helped out in those battles. Plus, a Twinkle Tackle or two didn't hurt either.


Now, despite how badly I wanted to use my buddy Archeops, again, I've used it before. Noting that I'd never used Aurorus before, I decided to give it a try. The Rock type moves and Ice type moves came in handy against several fast fliers, like Golbat and Crobat, and was a very huge help in defeating Kahili when it came time for the Pokémon League. And thanks to Refrigerate, any Normal type moves become Ice type moves. Ice Hyper Beam anyone? Also it managed to hold out (thanks to a Focus Sash) against Ultra Necrozma and deal a little damage to it, helping Incineroar defeat it.


I always feel like I'm one of the few people who actually liked the Trubbish and Vanillite lines, to name a couple. I knew I wanted some sort of Poison type, just in case I ran into some pesky Fairy types, especially that Totem Ribombee at the end of Mina's trial. I decided to use Garbodor as I've always wanted to use it, but just never decided to do it yet. So, I grabbed one from Malie City as soon as I was allowed to go to that section and from there my team was set. Trubbish came with Stockpile and Swallow, just in case I needed some HP back, or some quickly-boosted Defense and Special Defense. It didn't do too much, but it managed to tank some opponents and hold on in some tougher battles where it was needed.

And that's my first team in Ultra Moon. These guys were fun to use, and whenever I finally finish Zelda, then finish the Alola Dex, you can be sure that I'll be making more new teams to have fun with. Thanks for reading, as always, and I'll see you again soon.


Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment