Read in your language!

Saturday, December 30, 2017

A Small Look at Game Hopes in 2018

So, I know I've sort of touched on this a little in the past with my posts on the hopes for Pokémon Switch and a new Animal Crossing game on Switch. So I guess today I'll simply do a small post on what I hope to see in 2018, even though I'm sure we'll get plenty of Directs and stuff as the year starts and as it progresses.

So, as I've stated before, I'm probably the most excited to hear any news on Pokémon Switch. I don't even care if I have to wait until 2019 for it to come out, I'm just super excited for Pokémon's very first main series console title (Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD don't really count as main series titles, sadly), and I'm excited for, well, everything. Excited for the details, excited for the Pokémon, excited for the region, just.. I'm ready for Generation 8 and I'm going to love it no matter what (and I'll be posting about CoroCoro stuff once that happens, as I know you all probably expect by now).

I really hope we see a new Animal Crossing game, even if it's just an announcement. I understand that New Leaf is still extremely popular, and I know that Pocket Camp has gained a massive amount of popularity since its release, but if they're going to follow the "tradition," if you can call it that, then a console release is next. Plus, the Switch just seems perfect for a new Animal Crossing game, you know?

I'm extremely hyped and excited to hear about Metroid Prime 4. I remember replaying all of the Prime games last year, and it only took me a week to 100% all 3 of them, it was so much fun to go through them again. I forgot how fun they were, and now with a 4th one on the way, I'd love to see how the story continues and see how much fun it could be. I hope there's even bigger areas and more places to explore when we acquire new powerups and abilities. I really can't stop thinking about it now.

In general, I'm excited for getting new games on the Switch at the beginning of each month as my dad and I build the Switch collection a little but. In a few days I'll have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and I think for February I might grab Yooka-Laylee (or if I can't find it, for some reason, maybe Fire Emblem Warriors or something else), and as the months go on we'll see what else I want to get. And not only that, maybe the Switch Virtual Console will finally be a thing. I'd love to see what platforms they'd have available. If it's anything like the Wii U or New 3DS, and they have Super Nintendo games, or even Game Boy Advance games (such as Fire Emblem), I would love to grab them!

But we'll see what happens as the year goes on, you know? I'll see you tomorrow for the final post of 2017 and some goals I hope I'll achieve in 2018. See you then, and keep warm if your temperatures are as low as mine are lately (Like.. around 20F, mainly lower than that, which is way colder than it's supposed to be for December. Brr!).

Follow the blog on Twitter!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment