Read in your language!

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Smile, It Gets Better

So, I wanted to finally draw something yesterday, and I wanted it to be happy since I hadn't been in the, uh, best of emotional states lately. It's sort of ironic because it's also sort of sad, at least in my opinion. I called it "Smile, It Gets Better" because I truly want to believe that everything will get better, and I truly want to stop being such a mess. As you'll see down below, I drew my fursona, because it was just easier than trying to draw myself, honestly. I tried something different since I last drew him for one of those Christmas pictures, namely I drew slightly different ears, and tried that artistic mouth thing where they cut part of the line, as well as, from what I'm told, used thin lines really nicely. I know it's hard to tell, but he's also crying (I know I made them a little too light based on his fur color but I still tried, you know?).

It hasn't been a great week, but I know that eventually I'll pull through. I'm going to start taking more time to myself and stop letting so many things pull me down, so maybe I can finally be a lot happier. I want to draw more, I want to enjoy more games, I just, well, want to be happy. But thank you for sticking with me through this really bad week, and I know I'll be okay soon enough.

One day, it really will get better.
One day, I can finally smile again.
One day, I won't be buried.
One day, I'll feel free.
Until then, I have to smile and believe it will get better.

1 comment: