Read in your language!

Friday, January 12, 2018

Nintendo Direct mini 1.11.2018

So I know yesterday was the Direct but with some things going on I chose not to talk about it yesterday with the trophy guide, just to be safe. So today I'll quickly go through the games that were talked about. I wasn't too interested in at least half of them, but there are some things I really can't wait for, so let's get right into it.

First up was The World Ends With You: Final Remix. It brings the beloved DS title to the Switch, allowing you to use touch screen functionality or new Joy Con controls for however you wish to play. The game also adds a new scenario, that "gets right to the heart of the story." The game releases this year, with no set date given yet. The only bit of TWEWY that I know of is the inclusion of the main characters in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, but the game has always looked like it could be a lot of fun, so who knows, maybe I'll pick it up one day.

Next up is DLC for Pokken Tournament DX, with the addition of Aegislash and Blastoise as playable fighters, with Mega Rayquaza, Mimikyu, Mew, and Celebi being added as support characters. They will come in waves. Wave 1 will have Aegislash, Mega Rayquaza, and Mimikyu, and Wave 2 will have Blastoise, Mew, and Celebi. This Battle Pack will also include "new Avatar items and more." Wave 1 will release on January 31st, with Wave 2 coming on March 23rd. However, you can purchase the Battle Pack now, which will give you Wave 1 and 2 when they release. It's like a Season Pass.

Next was a quick look at Kirby Star Allies, which is one of the titles I'm excited for. It showed 2 new abilities: Artist and Spider. As Artist Kirby, he paints a picture, in this case a quick rendition of Kirby Super Star Dedede, who then rushes at enemies. As a Spider, Kirby can ensnare enemies with webs, and it looks like a lot of fun to use. You can use Friend Abilities to mix and match combos, giving you all sorts of cool powers to try out, which is also exciting to see. The game releases on March 16th, and I can't wait to play it, especially after missing out on Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, and Planet Robobot. I love me some Kirby games. They then reminded Kirby fans that the demo for Kirby Battle Royale is available to download whenever you want, if you want to try it out, as well as the demo for Dragon Quest Builders being available as well.

Next, another game I'm super excited for, is the Definitive Edition of Hyrule Warriors. It comes packed with everything from the Wii U and 3DS versions, including all of the DLC, as well as additional costumes for Link and Zelda based on their appearances in Breath of the Wild. It releases sometime in Spring of this year, and I can't wait to get my hands on it, because I've wanted to play Hyrule Warriors for some time now, and soon, I can!

Next up is Mario Tennis Aces, which features everyone in actual tennis garb, as well as a story mode, which hasn't been seen since Mario Tennis: Power Tour on Game Boy Advance. They said to stay tuned for more updates on the game, so it's likely got more info coming sometime in the near future, as it releases this Spring.

Next up is a game called Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA. (ees-eight). I know that the Ys series exists but I've never really seen anything on it. It looks really interesting, and it gives me some Xenoblade vibes, and even a little bit of Tales vibes. Maybe I'll give it a shot sometime. It releases this Summer, and I think it looks like a really fun game, based on what I saw.

Next is a free update coming to Super Mario Odyssey, finally giving Luigi a time to shine with Luigi's Balloon World. In it, you get 30 seconds to hide balloons in areas in the game (you have to have beaten the main story), or you can find other peoples' balloons within the 30-second time limit. You can also grab 3 new outfit sets: The Sunshine Shades and Outfit, the Musician Hat and Outfit, and the Knight Helmet and Armor. We will also receive new filters for Snapshot Mode. This free update to the game comes in February, and it sounds like it'll be a whole lot of fun to mess with.

Next is SNK HEROINES Tag Team Frenzy. Since I've never played an SNK game and I'm not great with fighting games, I wasn't too interested in it, but the game releases this Summer. It was also mentioned that one of the characters was from Art of Fighting 2, which released yesterday as part of he ACA NEOGEO series on the eShop.

Up next is an announcement for Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, showing that Donkey Kong will become a new playable character within the game, as shown in a silly little trailer. His DLC comes out this Spring.

Next is the announcement of a new character in Payday 2, as well as saying how Payday 2 is coming to Switch. I have never played Payday, or Payday 2, but I know it's a popular game, so I'm sure people were excited to see a new character named Joy who has an ever-changing LED mask. The game and character arrive on Switch on February 27th.

Next was the announcement of 2 Indie games coming to Switch: Fe and Celeste. In Fe, you can use Joy Con motion controls to sing with creatures in the world and find new abilities and explore. The game looks really pretty and I could see it being a fun little game to try out. Celeste is a pixelated game that has you solving mysteries surrounding a mountain you're climbing, and it looks like a game that could be really challenging if you're not careful or if you don't pay attention. I saw a lot of spikes and hazardous falls in the footage. Fe releases on February 16th, and Celeste releases on January 25th.

Next, probably the last game I'm excited for on the Direct, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is coming to Switch and brings along Funky Kong as a new playable character, using his surfboard to literally go over spikes and surf on water. He looks like a ton of fun and I can't wait to finally play this game since I never had a Wii U, since I loved DKCR on Wii. It releases on May 4th.

And finally, a short teaser trailer to show off Dark Souls Remastered. We only got a short video of a hero touching a bonfire, and then said it releases on May 25th of this year. I'm sure many, many people are super excited for it to come out.

And that's it for the Nintendo Direct mini. A lot of cool stuff was shown, some of which I really, really want, and I can't wait to hear about more stuff coming in the future. I'll see you all again soon!

Follow the blog on Twitter!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment