Read in your language!

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

So while I don't have everything unlocked yet (and by everything I mean the remaining kart options and Gold Mario, but I'm on the 200cc Grand Prix now, and have completed the Mushroom and Flower cups, so... 10 to go), I can definitely say that I'm still heavily enjoying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I love the music, I love how everything looks, I love the huge roster of 42 characters, and I love the courses.

I love a lot of the retro courses they brought back, like some of the classics from Mario Kart 64. Toad's Turnpike was always a favorite of mine from that game, and I also love how chaotic Yoshi Valley was in the original game, and N64 Rainbow Road was given the "one lap, 3 sections" treatment like a couple of courses in Mario Kart 7, but the track feels so fast because of it, whereas in MK64, it felt really sluggish because it was really long (for how Mario Kart 64 ran) and you had to do it 3 times. A funny thing, though, is how I heavily dislike Neo Bowser City in the 3DS version (I don't know why though, I'm pretty decent in that stage), but when I play it in this version I'm really good at it.

I also love the roster of characters, and I love how the DLC characters from the original version of Mario Kart 8 are available from the start, namely Link, the Inklings, and the Animal Crossing crew. I normally race as Toad when I play Mario Kart 7, but instead of being Toad in this game, I've been hooked on playing as Isabelle. Not sure why, but she's just really adorable, and I love puppies, and nothing says fun like winning as a puppy and shouting "EAT MY ADORABLE DUST!"

And even better, since the Switch comes with 2 Joy Cons, I can easily play 2 player with my dad (provided he even decides to want to play, plus his big fingers might be too much for the tiny Joy Con, but who knows) or I'll be playing it with my best friend on Wednesday when I see him. It's going to be fun.

One last thing to note: 200cc is REALLY FAST. Like I was not prepared for how fast it is, but I love it. I've, up to this point, completed the 200cc Mushroom and Flower cups, so I have 10 more cups to complete, which will also unlock Gold Mario for me (even though it's literally just a variant of Metal Mario, but still), and then it'll just be unlocking the rest of the kart options that aren't the other Gold pieces.

All the same though, I really love Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and I can't wait to keep playing even more. If I try the online, though... Oh boy, that might be really tough. But either way, see you again soon!

Follow the blog on Twitter!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment