Read in your language!

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Jak II

I wish I could remember when my dad got me Jak II, I think I was in the middle of another title when dad got me the game and the strategy guide, I think. I had a lot of fun with the game, despite how different it was from the first Jak and Daxter game. It was also a lot tougher, to be fair.

I loved having a huge, interconnected world to explore, opening up in little bursts like the first game, and I definitely enjoyed the pseudo-GTA style of hijacking Zoomers and racing around, since, to be fair, it's a lot bigger than the first game. I love the Morph Gun, allowing you to have, eventually, 4 different guns with their own ammo, properties, upgrades, etc. It's just a really fun game.

I remember being stuck in the mission where you retrieve a seal piece from the slums, then you have to escape from endless Krimson Guards, and you also can't use your Jet Board to go across the water or else you face instant death. It was a really tough mission way back then, but nowadays you just have to keep moving and keep shooting (or have some really good Jet Board skills). But hey, at least the game wasn't as broken-easy as the first game was, huh?

All in all, a very fun sequel to the Jak trilogy, and one I'll enjoy running through a trophy guide with tomorrow. I'll see you all again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment