Read in your language!

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Incoherent Screams

*Huge warning, this is, put bluntly, a vent poem. I am not in any sort of okay state of mine today, and as much as I wish to prevent you guys from seeing this side of my writing, I'm afraid that this is one of those days where it just needs to come out and I wanted to share. So, with that in mind, the writing will contain some themes that are unsuitable for younger audiences to read, such as some swearing and some mentions of blood or other potentially scary imagery. Just wanted to give a warning, and I'm sorry.*


Every time I speak, I'm strangled,
I'm enticed by the seductive whispers,
And I'm invited to join them in the dark.
I'm strangled by the dark, and I cannot speak,
I lose sight of everything that makes me whole,
I try to scream, but I'm deafened,
Rusty nails, stabbing a chalkboard,
Bleeding rust and cutting deeper into it,
The chalkboard screams in agony, but I cannot hear it.
The shadows pierce my skin,
Blood oozes from every crevice,
And it evaporates into my fear.
Liquid oozes from my eyes,
It's not tears, it's my fears,
My insecurities paint my flesh for the world to see.
The shadows tie my arms together,
They hoist me up in rope and chains,
And proceed to torture me.
They seduce me with dreams of happiness,
Thoughts of escaping the pain,
They arouse my lust for freedom,
But at the moment of release,
I'm gone.
The shadows have killed me,
And I'm no more than just a prisoner,
Endlessly trapped within my own locks,
And eternally bashing on the door to freedom,
Hands bloodied with fears,
My soul violated with insecurities,
And me, myself, terminated,
Like a program being deleted.

No comments:

Post a Comment