Read in your language!

Monday, September 11, 2017

16 Years of Remembrance

So, I already talked about what I was doing when the 9/11 attacks happened way back in 2001 in New York, so I don't think I should rehash that here. I'm very fortunate that I didn't lose any family, friends, or loved ones to this awful catastrophe, but I know that even now, 16 years later, families still mourn for the ones who were taken from them in such an unfair manner. I can't begin to fathom how much it must hurt, but these people who have still-healing wounds from that day are strong, because they're still moving forward and they're doing their best. And at the same time, the brave workmen who tried their best to save people, whether they also perished or whether they're still alive, they need to be commended for their bravery, even if it did mean they gave up their lives so that others could live. I don't use this term very often, but... I can definitely say that they were heroes, because they gave their everything, for everyone, in a time of severe panic and fear. God bless those men and women, and even 16 years later, I hope that all of the victims have found peace in their untimely deaths, as I'm sure they're watching over the ones they loved so much.

Last Year's 9/11 Post

Follow the blog on Twitter!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment