Read in your language!

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Tales of Zestiria

Ah, Zestiria, possibly the only Tales game that I have a love-hate relationship with. Don't get me wrong, I love everything about it, but then there's just things that really rub me the wrong way, a lot of which will be discussed in tomorrow's trophy guide.

I love how everything looks, naturally, like this is a beautiful game with a really nice aesthetic and the characters looks detailed, the environments look great, the music is lovely, it's just a very enjoyable experience on both your eyes and ears. Every location you visit just feels memorable, like you can look back and say "Yeah I remember [location], because of [reason]." I enjoy the large world and I enjoy looking all over the place to maybe discover new areas, or even ruins to explore.

The characters, like in Xillia/Xillia 2, are very memorable and they stand out from each other, allowing you to easily distinguish them. Like, it's easy to tell Sorey from Rose, and Lailah from Mikleo, etc., and everything just feels like that good ol' Tales goodness you love to see.

However, the equipment system, while very in-depth and such, is a little.. flawed, I guess. There's nothing wrong with it, and my own qualms are probably because I don't fully understand or grasp the fusion or skill system, since it's not generally something I'd find.. necessary. I guess the trophies for skill fusions and stacking really got to me, as well as the fact that I won the final battle after I made slight equipment changes, which kind of makes me feel like an idiot, since it gave me the whole "my equipment decided the outcome" feeling, and I don't like that, especially since leveling up has a much lower impact on your stats in this game, compared to other entries in the Tales series.

As far as my gripes with the final boss go (You've all seen it if you've read posts in late July), I can either count it to my own fault or frustration. Let's just say both, yeah? He's obviously not too bad on lower difficulties, but I'll still NEVER know how I managed to best him on Chaos difficulty, let alone after he's powered-up after the EX Dungeon, but those are tales for another time, hm?

Despite the things I dislike about Zestiria, it's not enough for me to stop loving the game. It's very enjoyable, and I was more than happy to do a second playthrough to clean up trophies, using a 100% guide so I wouldn't miss anything the 2nd time around. Tales of Zestiria is enjoyable all around, and as long as you can get a basic understanding of the equipment and fusion system, you'll be in good shape for the game. I can't wait for the day I get a PS4, so I can continue the adventures in Tales of Berseria. But for now, my Tales journeys have come to an end, and I appreciate you all sticking with me these last plethora of guides, since it's been nothing but Tales for a while. I'll see you tomorrow for the trophy guide!


Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment