Read in your language!

Monday, September 4, 2017

SpongeBob SquarePants Supersponge (PS1)

Hey look, it's a SpongeBob game again. And I still have more I haven't talked about (including some fun thoughts on the dreaded PS2 version of "Revenge of the Flying Dutchman," but I still managed to beat that game.. somehow. But that's a story for another time).
So I own this on PS1 and I used to have the GBA version as well, and both games are identical in every sense, except the PS1 version just has a few things that the GBA version doesn't have. Obviously, it's got the voice actors (although Mr. Krabs sounds like he had a little bit of helium) and the soundtrack is a little bet better than its GBA counterpart because of the better power that a console has over a handheld system.

On the other hand, this game has an optional set of objectives for you to fulfill, even though (to my knowledge) it doesn't change the ending at Patrick's birthday party. In each level there's 100 gold spatulas to collect, and they act as your life. Think Sonic, because when you get hit, the spatulas erupt from your body in true Sonic fashion, and you have to pick 'em up before they pitter out. Upon reaching a certain amount out of 100 in a level, you can access a bonus carnival stage where you can try to collect tokens to be able to buy things for Patrick's party, like streamers and balloons. The only impact that has is that they appear in the final scene during his party, but as I said, not sure if it has any impact.

Despite what I hear about the game, I always enjoyed a nice romp through it, whether it was this version or the GBA version of the game. It's silly fun, and if your kids like SpongeBob, it's a silly little game for them to try out. If you're not really into SpongeBob, I'd still say it's worth a look, like watching a longplay of the game or maybe even a Let's Play of it, just to see it, you know? Either way, I always enjoy a little break from other games to hop into my PS1 titles and this usually gets picked up every so often as well.

Follow the blog on Twitter!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment