Read in your language!

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Dexter's Laboratory: Mandark's Lab?

Wow, it's been ages since I've actually talked about a game, and I apologize for that. But I was thinking of more games to discuss and I thought about some PS1 games I own that I loved playing, so I figure, why not start talking about those, eh?

So a while back, in February, I discussed a Dexter game in GBA: Deesaster Strikes, which I still love going back to every so often, whether it's the nostalgia or just wanting to enjoy a really fun and silly game that has some really memorable tunes in it. This little PS1game, albeit pretty short in length, is still a lot of fun. I always thought it was silly how they used clips from the show to portray their cutscenes, but they actually dubbed over the clips for the game, so the lip-syncing looks off and it's kind of weird, but hey, it's not like they pulled a Sonic Adventure, right?

Now, I say the game is short, because it is, but the length is padded a little bit with the minigames that are the entire means of playing through the game. Each level has 2 minigames you have to complete for some reason or another in the plot. There's 8 minigames and 4 levels. Also in the levels are blueprints scattered about in 4 pieces, which you can find by holding Triangle to use some special sensor glasses or something (I don't think Dexter ever really explains it), and these blueprints give you a little edge in the games, such as giving him a better kart in the racing minigame that's based on the episode where they parody Speed Racer. It's still fun, and if you have a friend, you can play these minigames in 2-player for a little more fun.

There's not much else to say about the game, it's dumb fun and it allows you to easily kill and hour or two if you're trying to kill that much time, but it's still enjoyable nonetheless, and it's worth a look, even if you're not too fond of it. Who knows, you just might enjoy it. Thanks for reading, as always, and I'll see you again soon.

Follow the blog on Twitter!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment