Read in your language!

Monday, November 20, 2017

Pokken Tournament DX Demo

So, I'll be the first to admit that I'm kind of bad at fighting games that aren't Smash Bros. I'm not terrible at them, but there are plenty of people way better than me, you know? Still though, I couldn't pass up a little opportunity to try the demo which, while limited, was still very enjoyable.

In the demo, you're told than you can do up to 15 battles before you can't do it anymore (Similar to how on 3DS demos, you can only launch them x amount of times, typically 30), and you can only play as Pikachu, Charizard, and Empoleon. I did a match with Empoleon and one with Charizard, as Pikachu was used in the Tutorial. I did better as Empoleon, but still won both times against the computer.

I have to admit, it was a lot of fun and I could see myself getting into it a bit with some practice, but I don't know... The few non-Smash fighting games I've played (Marvel vs Capcom 3, BlazBlue Continuum Shift, SoulCalibur 2, 3, and 5) have been challenging eventually, but that's the nature of fighting games, they're not meant to be easy games you can just button-mash to win, you have to learn and adapt and other stuff that I'm not currently good at. But still, I did enjoy the demo. As I said, for what little I could do in the demo, I enjoyed it very much and had fun with it.


Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment