Read in your language!

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

My Top 5 Hopes for Animal Crossing on Switch

So I'm probably not the best one to talk about wanting stuff in Animal Crossing, since I'm fairly content with everything the games have to offer as is. But there's still things I'm sure I'd love to see if/when they finally put a new Animal Crossing game on Switch. Pocket Camp has done so well already, and New Leaf continues to be a huge hit, even nearly 5 years later. But if tradition still goes this way, it's going to be a console release next (To demonstrate, using the US release pattern: GameCube, DS, Wii, 3DS). So, even though this will probably be really boring or uninteresting, here are my top 5 hopes for a new Animal Crossing game on the Switch, in no particular order.

5. Skin Tones
Look, I completely understand the whole tanning mechanic, and it's cool even though I have no use for it personally. But, I think they need to take a little page out of recent Pokémon titles and let us have a skin tone to pick from as well. Like, sure, it's been this way for the whole series, but if you want us to make our experience even more immersive or even just more personalized, you have to let us pick our own skin tones so we can really look like we do. I haven't really seen much of Pocket Camp, or even Happy Home Designer, but I believe both of those games have the ability to let us pick a skin tone. So this might be an actual moot point in this case. But still, more personalization is always a good thing, you know?

4. Optional Part-Time Work?
I guess this is another one that I definitely need to say "hear me out" on. So, I don't know who was a fan of Tom Nook's part-time jobs in the beginning of most of the Animal Crossing games, but that's... half of the example here. You could also work part-time in the Roost café in New Leaf, albeit by being paid in coffee beans based on how well you made the customers happy (You could sell the best coffee beans for... 7000 bells at Re-Tail if you put 'em up for auction, I think).

Well.. what if you could do more? Maybe work part-time at Able Sister's and help Sable use her sewing machine and get paid for your work? Or maybe deliver things for Kicks? Maybe even have Leif give you tasks involving flowers and you have to plant them in a specific spot/area and maybe arrange them in a specific place? These probably don't sound great but you get the idea, right? I think it'd be fun, and it's all optional, you don't have to do anything.

3. Post-Game "Goal"
So, the main "goal" of the game is to eventually pay off your house's mortgage so that you are debt-free with the biggest house you can possibly get, afterwards you can go on doing whatever you want. Fill up your bug/fish encyclopedia? Fill the Museum? Make your dream home? Check, check, and double-check. But what do you do after?

Well, this one is also kind of a moot point since Animal Crossing, most importantly, wants you to live your virtual life the way you want it to. But maybe after you pay off your debt, you can access this place where only VIPs can go, those who've paid off their debts? Maybe you can only find very rare items there, but they're expensive. I guess... think Gracie's seasonal furniture sets, but ones you can never find elsewhere? Ugh.. this list is harder to do than I thought.

2. Mail Between Towns
I understand that the "Best Friend" system in ACNL is meant to help you chat with your buddies in real time, so long as you're both online and registered as Best Friends. But.. I miss how it was done in City Folk. In City Folk, you could send mail to people in other towns, so long as you had them/their Wii registered in your friend list on the Wii (I forget how that even worked, honestly, it's been years).

I would love seeing that brought back, so you can just send mail and gifts to your friends without being forced to get online and visit them. Sure, visiting them is more fun, but make it a valid option so we have a choice, in case we're unable to visit or have visitors, you know?

1. Bigger Towns and Bigger and Better Houses
Okay so, I know that the houses we get by the end are big, spacious, and they're pretty fun as it is, same with our town length. But.. what if we had bigger towns to put more things and to also have more villagers join our merry little lands? Not only that, it doesn't have to be the same kind of house either. I know that ACNL gave us 3 additional exterior choices after our house had all rooms created, but.. I feel like we could do more with the Switch.

Like.. we could have more customization options, even new little touches to our houses. Maybe blinds or curtains on the windows? Maybe add a clothes-line if our clothes get messy (probably won't ever be a feature), or even working kitchen appliances that let us try to cook food that we can eat or even give to our villagers as little gifts in lieu of just the same basic fruits? Like maybe you could learn recipes and go somewhere outside of town to get cooking supplies like milk or sugar or flour, and we'd have a recipe book in the same vein as our encyclopedias? I think it would be cool, but then again my thoughts are all over the place on this list, so I'm sorry for that.

And those are 5 things I'd like to see in an Animal Crossing game on Switch. I know my thoughts were pretty scattered and not very well-written, but when Animal Crossing gives us a lot of content and things to do as it is, it's hard to make a list of what more we could ask for, you know? All the same, thank you for reading and I'll see you again tomorrow!


Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment