Read in your language!

Friday, September 16, 2016

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

All aboard! It's time to ride the rails in this fun-filled Zelda game! That probably sounds like the opening line for a commercial on TV for this game, honestly. But silly jokes aside, welcome! As I did with Phantom Hourglass, since I just finished Spirit Tracks last night for the second time, so I figured I would talk about it in similar fashion. I prefer Spirit Tracks to Phantom Hourglass, not just because I enjoy the train travel more, but I just have more fun with it, honestly. I enjoy discovering new locations, I enjoy collecting the Force Gems and opening new tracks, and I really enjoy the music, with a lot of focus on the pan flute (which is pretty fitting when your main musical object, the Spirit Flute, is a pan flute).

Somewhat similarly to Phantom Hourglass, you have to return to a temple frequently to progress the story. However, unlike the Temple of the Ocean King, the Tower or Spirits doesn't make you redo your already-completed floors over and over again, which is refreshing. However, the puzzles can be a lot more tricky and a lot more difficult then the Temple of the Ocean King.

One of the main gameplay focuses hinges on the fact that Zelda, who is a ghost due to plot points, can inhibit the suit of a Phantom and you can indirectly control her and have her and Link work together to solve puzzles together. I think it's great and I think it's fun, but there are some times, admittedly, where Zelda's AI can be a little... annoying, to put it bluntly. Sometimes she gets in your way, sometimes she's frustrating, and maybe I just have low patience sometimes, but it's not all bad.

One thing I love most, besides the train, is the outfit Link begins with, the Engineer Outfit. Seeing Link in something different than the same old green tunic is always fun because, well, it's different. That's why I love Wind Waker's 2nd quest, and because, well, you save the world in your pajamas, that's pretty epic. Sadly, you lose the Engineer Outfit shortly after the beginning, BUT you can get it back if you collect 15 out of the 20 stamps at stamp stations in the game, which isn't super difficult to do and can be done by the time you reach the 4th temple, if you're diligent with side quests and exploration. And the outfit just looks really sweet, let's be honest.

But yeah, those are my small thoughts on Spirit Tracks. I love this game, and despite the few parts where I got frustrated, it's still a lot of fun and I would definitely recommend it if you're able to get a copy somewhere. I enjoy simply driving a train through Hyrule and blowing the whistle constantly. Okay, not every waking moment, but often enough to be fun. As usual, thank you for reading and reading this far, I appreciate it! Be sure to vote on this week's poll if you're a fan of Pokemon and look for the Final Fantasy XIII trophy guide on Thursday, the 22nd, and leave any feedback if you have any for me, I love any and all feedback. As always, thanks a bunch and I will see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment