Read in your language!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Pokemon Info, Mostly Version Exclusive Stuff

So no new starter evolutions today, sadly, but with just under 2 months to go, they don't have much time left to finally show us, especially if they plan to release the demo next month as well. But we did get a look at a few more version exclusives, as well as a small taste of other features. So, let's get right into it!

So the first thing we saw is this Pokemon, Passimian. It is exclusive to Pokemon Sun and is a pure Fighting type with the new ability: Receiver. The ability is only viable in a Double Battle, from what we see. When its partner faints, it gains the ability. In the trailer, the example was Vikavolt. When it fainted, Passimian gained Levitate, which is one of Vikavolt's abilities, and then as a Palossand used Earth Power, Levitate activated. To be honest I really like how this monkey looks, even though it ALMOST looks more like a lemur, but only cause of the white and black coloring, I suppose. I'm not too big on this Pokemon, but I'll definitely pick it up at some point.

Ah, Oranguru, you poor thing. You have to suffer through Harambe memes and you just wanna chill out really. Anyways, Oranguru is exclusive to Pokemon Moon, and it Normal/Psychic type. It can have the abilities Inner Focus and Telepathy. It also has a new move: Instruct. From the trailer, after Wishiwashi uses Surf, it uses Instruct, and says that Wishiwashi was instructed to use a move. It then used Surf again, which is most likely what it was instructed to use. And because of Telepathy, Oranguru wasn't hurt by Surf either time. I really like the guru look for this Pokemon, I think it suits it quite well. I may not be getting it but I can always trade for it. It looks like it'll be fun.


So, I won't go into much detail on this as I've talked about it before, but I will talk about new details. For starters, this Pokemon is called Lycanroc in English. Surprisingly, both of them are pure Rock type. Both have Keen Eye as an ability, but Midday also gets Sand Rush, while Midnight can also have Vital Spirit. The biggest thing is that it's confirmed that this evolution line is NOT based on the time of day! Midday Form is exclusive to Sun and Midnight Form is exclusive to Moon. How crazy is that? I'm glad I already wanted Midday Form though. Again, I can't wait to get Lycanroc.


So next was a tiny look at customization. The two pictures are just two examples from it, but I can't wait. There are more hair options and colors (including white and a maroon-like color), and more clothes. I love that you don't need to wear your hat and I think there's glasses too. And since I wear glasses, it'd be nice to make my character look even more like me for the personalized experience. Also there are more contact lenses for eye colors, such as Burgundy and Violet. There's also a currency called Festival Coins but there's no info on those yet. I assume, however, that you might use them to purchase clothes. We'll learn about it eventually. I can't wait for customization, I loved it in X and Y and I'll love it more in Sun and Moon.


Next is a small look at the new version of Pokemon Amie, now called Pokemon Refresh. It works largely the same, except now you can groom your Pokemon and take care of them. For example you can brush them, hose them, and blow dry them. You can feed them the heart-shaped treats, and in a few scenes it showed a poisoned or paralyzed Pokemon, and some object that resembles  a thermometer was used on them to make them better. I like this a lot more than Amie as this feels like a more personal approach, almost like playing with a real pet.




Finally, Pikachu and Eevee get their own special Z-Moves, and Pikachu's even has it dancing the same way your trainer does as he/she performs the Z-Move dance, which is super cute. Pikachu gets thrown at the opponent. Yes, literally chucked at the opponent. I just like the Pika at the end of the word catastrophe, I think that's hilarious. Eevee's move, Extreme Evoboost, has it call on its Eeveelutions, and they all share their power with Eevee, granting Eevee a +2 boost to all of its stats. That's pretty insane honestly. However, like Snorlax, we might be seeing their own Z-Crystal as well, probably something along the lines of Pikalium-Z and Eeveelium-Z. They look awesome and I can't wait!

So that's all for Pokemon Sun and Moon news. Otherwise, we have small info for a Pokemon Bank update coming in 2017. In it, it says that Pokemon from Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow can be put into Pokemon Bank using the Poke Transporter, just like bringing gen 5 Pokemon to gen 6. However, the gen 1 Pokemon can only be taken to gen 7. And anything placed in gen 7 cannot be put back into gen 6 so be wary of that!

So that's it for today's news. Disappointed that there's no starter evolutions yet, but that's okay because our next news dump comes in on October 4th, 2 weeks from today. As always, I thank you for reading and I hope you're enjoying what you read every day. Be sure to vote in this week's poll, it ends soon! Tomorrow, expect my small thoughts on Final Fantasy XIII and Thursday will be Trophy Thursday so look forward to that. As always, thanks so much and I will see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment