Read in your language!

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Something I Absolutely Hate in Games

Okay, so I'm no stranger to games that rely on luck sometimes. It's in a lot of games, but it's sometimes more often referred to as "RNG," or Random Number Generator. Basically, it's the system that determines certain things, like the enemy you encounter in an RPG, the Pokemon you encounter, as well as the possibility of it being shiny, or even a critical hit in Fire Emblem. But of course there are games that rely heavily on luck, like board games or Mario Party, using the dice as a way to describe something you have no skill in. Rolling a dice all comes to luck.

I hate when games are pure luck, and even more so when a trophy requires some form of luck in order to obtain it! For example I'm currently hunting for trophies in Family Game Night 3, and one Mouse Trap trophy requires you to do a task that is actually pretty simple, but you have to rely on the dice rolls to do this thing. And you have to do it 5 times. Five! And every time you need a specific number, you almost never roll it! Like it just frustrates me so much!

I'm sorry for the small rant but my goodness do I hate games based on pure luck alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment