Read in your language!

Saturday, September 10, 2016

5 Shiny Pokemon I'm Glad to Have

*I'd like to apologize in advance for the awful quality of the pictures here. I would have just grabbed official Dream World art but I felt that it was a bit lazy, even though they look nicer. I feel like taking these pics also proves that I actually have these? I don't know xD I'm weird. But bad quality aside, I hope you like this small post!*

So, there's a lot of people who play Pokemon that like to hunt for shiny Pokemon, whether it's through a chain or just taking the Masuda Method route. Whichever method you prefer, it still serves one purpose, to increase the chances of encountering that shiny Pokemon you really want, whether it be for bragging rights or just because you really want it. While continuing to anxiously await CoroCoro leaking any time now, I'm going to share 5 shiny Pokemon that I've gotten in Pokemon Y that I'm just really really happy to have. This will not include a shiny Leavanny that was brought over from White, as that wasn't found/caught in Pokemon Y, even though I do love it. As I mentioned before, I apologize for awful quality but I didn't just want to sit and rely on Dream World art. Anyways, let's get started!
So Budew is the first shiny I ever found in Y. I don't remember what I was looking for or doing, exactly. but I was running through Route 4 and I went through the grass. I saw Budew's silhouette and was like "Oh okay it's a Budew." and then before it even flashed, I saw the purple bit and was like "Oh my god it's shiny and I need it!" so I immediately tossed a ball and got it. I've always wanted a shiny in the Budew family because I love the slight Autumn-esque color change Roselia and Roserade, and I absolutely adore the purple and black roses. There's just something about it that I love to death, and I'll eventually move this little guy to my Pokemon Sun game, like I will all the other shinies here. This Budew was caught on March 15th, 2014 so I've had it for a long time now. This was also caught WAY before I got the Shiny Charm. Every Pokemon under Budew was gotten post-Shiny Charm, for reference.
So Phantump is kind of interesting. Phantump was the first Pokemon that I attempted Masuda Method in order to get a shiny for, and after many non-shiny eggs, I used them as Wonder Trade fuel, to be honest. Ages later when I finally got the Shiny Charm and had a foreign Ditto sitting in the Day Care, I decided to try again. After an incredibly surprising 23 eggs, I see white instead of brown and I gasped loudly because I was extremely happy. I think red and white is a fun combination for Phantump and Trevenant, I just think it goes a little bit better than brown and green, and I can't wait to unleash this terror once I raise it. This shiny was hatched on March 12th, 2016.
Seeing how quickly I received the Phantump, I decided to try for one of my all-time favorite shiny starters: Treecko. Back around the time between gen 3 and gen 4, I found a site (I can't remember what it was, so apologies) that showed shiny sprites and normal sprites. I looked at gen 3 and saw Treecko and I fell in love with the shiny because I prefer this to normal Treecko, as much as I love regular Treecko. I love blue and a lot of its shades, so I might be biased, but the aqua color with the bit of red really looks amazing. So skip ahead to 2016. I'm excited and pumped after finally getting Phantump, so I decide to try Treecko immediately. As if 23 didn't surprise me enough, this Treecko hatched on the 14th egg!!! Yes, 14! Again, shocked, loud gasp and much excitement as I finally have a shiny I've been dying to have for ages. As with Phantump, this Treecko was hatched on March 12th, 2016.
I won't beat around the bush, this is my favorite shiny out of tonight's bunch, and it's tied for my all-time favorite Kalos shiny, only tied with Greninja. And when I saw this, Doublade, and Aegislash, I knew I needed it, especially since I love red and black, and that the red, black, and gold combo on Aegislash was perfect, in my opinion. So I easily reached 30 eggs after hatching Treecko and decided to stop, as it was getting late. For the next 3 months I was going onto Pokemon here and there, just hatching about 20-40 eggs on average per play session. I was frustrated, but I knew that the other two were incredibly good luck, and knew that some shinies just take a long time to get. Finally, on June 24th, 2016, after a staggering amount of patience and eggs, the 487th egg was shiny. Yep, 487 eggs. Still relatively lucky, and I wasn't even looking either. The egg started hatching and I looked away to check messages and stuff, then remembered I was still playing. I look down to see magenta instead of silver and I almost stopped breathing because I was extremely happy to get this shiny I'd been coveting ever since not long after X and Y came out and the shinies were revealed on Serebii.
And finally, another one that I've wanted for years. While shiny Vulpix just looks like it's feeling really sick, shiny Ninetails, with its silver fur and purple tips, is worth it, and it really fits the legends of the nine-tailed fox and the ghost-motif. While not as excited as I was for Treecko or Honedge, I was still, as always, super happy to see Vulpix. Another case of I wasn't looking, then I look down to see an abnormal color scheme. This does make me wonder how the shinies will look for Alola Vulpix and Ninetails though. After a considerable  66 eggs (technically 91 as I hatched 25 one day, saying I would only put them down if I got the shiny), I finally got this kitsune on July 28th, 2016. Imagine how upset I was that Honedge took nearly 500 eggs, but Vulpix took under 100.

So, those are 5 shiny Pokemon that I'm really happy to have gotten. I have a list of other shinies from each gen that I want to get. Currently I'm hatching on-and-off to get a shiny Sandshrew, because I like Sandslash's dusty fur color and its red spines. Currently, as of the last time I hatched any eggs, I'm at 50 eggs hatched, but I know it'll take a lot more. Thanks so much for reading, I appreciate it very much! As I said yesterday, schedule is a bit weird as the day CoroCoro leaks is what the blog post will be, but until then I'll find things to talk about. Let me know what your favorite shinies are and why, whether you have them or not. Thanks again for reading, and like usual, I will see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment