Read in your language!

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Why I Bother

So, you won't see this now, but yesterday there was some activity in yesterday's post, titled "Something Silly." Someone, who chose to remain Anonymous, left a comment on the post, saying "Why do you even bother anymore?"

Now of course, it's hard to figure out what they meant by that. I assumed it meant something along the lines of "Why do I even bother with this blog anymore?" Well, let me explain just why I bother (Also, I removed the comments as I don't want negativity on my blog, you know? I want people to be happy and stuff).

My biggest dream is to produce YouTube videos one day, specifically Let's Play videos, as I've always dreamed of being able to do them. I don't care if people would like my content or not. What matters is that I enjoy what I do and that I have fun doing it. If I don't have fun or enjoy it, how could anybody else enjoy looking at my content?

This blog is the closest thing to YouTube that I can do. It's essentially doing YT but instead of watching a video, you're reading text. But again, as much as I - or anybody for that matter - would love more feedback and more followers, I'm content with what I have. Is this blog ridiculously popular? Of course not. Sure, one post of mine has 680 views, and another has 193 views, but that's still better than 0 views.

I do this blog each day as a way to simply express my weird/silly thoughts on the games that I enjoy playing. Yesterday was a great example of it: I simply talked about getting shiny Pokémon recently and being happy about it. There's nothing super exciting in that post, but it's something that was exciting to me because of getting a shiny Pokémon for a friend, and then later getting a shiny Pokémon that I wanted.

I also do this blog for my own benefit. It's sort of a test, to see if I can keep something going, even when nothing is really happening to it. In this case, I don't get much activity. Yes, people do see my posts, and some contribute to my polls, but that's fine. Why? Because I don't require all of the activity in order for myself to be happy with this blog.

Again, I know my content isn't wonderful, nor will it ever be "the best." But I have fun with it, and gaming is my passion. I care about peoples' input, I care about what they say, I care about hearing someone, anyone talking about my blog, because it's something. I don't need fame or recognition for myself to be happy with this. As long as I continue to enjoy typing on this blog, I'm going to continue typing.

In a sense, it's almost becoming a daily journal, of sorts, if you think about it. Some days, I don't really post anything substantial, yes, but even if I don't have any ideas for the day, for whatever reason, I still post SOMETHING so I don't break this huge chain I have going, you know? It's better to inform people of why you're going to have an off day instead of leaving them in the dark, you know?

I know this was really long-winded and probably didn't really go anywhere but I'm grateful for any and all support that you guys give me, even if all you do is look at the blog or skim through. I don't need followers to be happy, nor do I need the fame or everyone talking about my blog. What matters is that I enjoy what I do and that I have fun with what I do. Thank you for reading, as always, and I'll see you again soon.

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment