Read in your language!

Monday, January 30, 2017

Sonic Mega Collection

I remember coming home from school one day to play this game. My dad surprised me with it and I played it immediately (I think I got home a little bit earlier than my sister did). And of course, I had to stop because we had to pick up my sister from school. But this game will always have a pretty nice niche in my heart because this was my first exposure to the Sonic games I didn't have on the Genesis (for reference, the only Sonic game I own on the Genesis is Sonic 3D Blast, and I got Sonic Adventure DX after this game, but DX had Game Gear titles as emblem rewards.).

It was fun, and I love all of the games on here, especially (everyone's favorite) Sonic 3 & Knuckles, because playing two games in one.. 2 games in 2 (Since it's a game within a game?) is always a lot of fun, plus it lets you use the overly-powerful Hyper Sonic, as well as Super Tails and Super Knuckles. Plus it's just fun playing Sonic 3 from Kunckles' perspective, and the same applies to Sonic 2, although Knuckles can't jump worth anything, so...

I always enjoyed Sonic Spinball and Mean Bean Machine, because, well, they're a lot of fun, and even though I've never played the game that Mean Bean Machine was based on, it's still silly and fun to play. As for Spinball, well, it's hard, but it's still a lot of fun and I enjoy playing it every now and then again.

One last game I had a lot of fun playing/discovering was Ristar, a game that I wish was more popular, as I find it to be a really enjoyable experience, with colorful levels and pleasant music, to awesome designs and enemies and everything else. I just wish I was better at finding all of the bonus levels and collecting the treasures..

And lastly, I always enjoyed looking through the cover art for Sonic comics, as well as reading the comic that's within the collection, they're really cool to see (And seeing "Sonic LIVE" made my nostalgia scream because I had that comic as a kid and I read it all the time!). This title is pure nostalgia for a lot of people, but a fun way to enjoy these classic Sonic games of old. As always, thanks so much for reading, I appreciate it a lot! I will be putting up a small schedule tomorrow, so we can plan out the next week. I'll see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment