Read in your language!

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Fairly Odd Parents: Shadow Showdown

Well, as promised, here's the sequel to Breakin' Da Rules. I think the best part of the box art is that it gives a huge hint at who the final boss is, as once you reach a certain level in this game, you meet a character who looks eerily identical to that shadowy figure on the cover. Kind of ironic, but still a nice little touch, if you ask me.

So, this game is nearly identical to Breakin' Da Rules in gameplay structure, except it build upon everything. You can sprint now, you can buy permanent power-ups and health upgrades, and the levels aren't linear, they're huge with 3 different sets of areas, one wish happening in each section, with the third area being the boss area (but the final wish isn't always just for the boss, which makes it a bit less predictable).

I definitely like this one more than B.D.R. if only because it feels longer and it feels like it has more substance in it. There's just more to do. I mean, sure, you're still running from point A to point B, collecting wish stars and using the wish to traverse in the area you're in. But this game has one of my favorite aspects of gaming... It's also kind of a collect-a-thon! Yep, permanent things to find (More than just collecting 4 Crimson Chin Cards in each level back in B.D.R.), such as episode clips, stickers, crown coins to buy those upgrades, and more. It just adds to it, gives you more to do in each level. That's why I love it so much.

That's really all I have to say about Shadow Showdown, it's really a bigger, more expanded Breakin' Da Rules, but it manages to have a lot more to it and has more substance than its prequel. It just feels more fun and feels like you're not just going from level-to-level, from point A to point B in a line. You'll want to look everywhere, and once you get upgrades and radar items, like having coins and presents on your radar, it makes the search easier and more fun. I know I say it too often, but I just love it and love playing it. Thanks so much for reading, and I will see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment