Read in your language!

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny

Ah, Rune Factory. What a history I have with this one game. Also known as Rune Factory: Oceans in other regions, this, like the other games in the series, are a "Fantasy Harvest Moon," in which it plays and feels like Harvest Moon, but has some more RPG elements, such as monster battling. I've never played a Harvest Moon game yet, and this RF game was my first. But before I talk about my experience with it, let me talk about how I came upon it.

An ex of mine really, really loved Harvest Moon and Rune Factory. While browsing PSN, I came across this game again and she told me to get it, and that I would, at the very least, like it and enjoy it enough to beat the story. Fair enough, plus it's something new, so why not, right? Unfortunately, around the time I got this, I was trophy hunting in Lightning Returns, Shovel Knight, and Final Fantasy X, to name a few. It's not that I hated it, I just happened to start playing it at an inopportune time, sadly, where I was already fresh out of platinum-ing Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2, so unfortunately my interest in this was... unable to compete with Final Fantasy, especially since I was on a roll with the XIII Trilogy.

So the game kind of went untouched for a while, and eventually she broke up with me, so my interest in playing diminished even more. However, I couldn't just delete the game and my files, and move on. I wanted to prove to myself that I could not only finish this story, but also get the platinum before I put the game to rest, and just over a year after I played it for the first time, that's what happened. And ironically, I had more fun with it near the end, because I was really able to get into it then. I managed to finish the story (after some serious grinding) and I was able to finish everything else I needed to grab the platinum. I feel bad that I didn't enjoy it all in one fell swoop, but sadly that's how it works sometimes. Would I ever pick it up again and see how I fare with a fresh look? Probably, I wouldn't mind trying again and seeing how my 2nd run differs from the first. But I enjoyed the game, for what it was worth.

Anyways, that's all for the game. The trophy guide is set to drop tomorrow. Unfortunately, I can't get it up at a fairly decent time as I have to wake up early tomorrow around 8, then help dad with some stuff before my sister comes over at 11, and I don't want to wait until 6 to put this list up. Right before I sleep tonight around midnight, I'll put up the trophy guide. Blogger's time is 3 hours behind me, so midnight for me is 9 PM for the site. It'll say I put the guide up on 11/2 at around 9 PM, but it'll be midnight for me so it counts. Anyways, thanks so much for reading, as always, and I will see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment