Read in your language!

Sunday, November 6, 2016

5 Things I Can't Wait for in Sun and Moon

I know everyone is probably sick of me talking about Pokémon by now, or sick of pretty much everyone talking about it, but considering that we have 12 days to go, and I recently saw that I have more than enough money to buy it with my own money, I'm just really excited and I'm waiting for the 18th with bated breath. So, I want to give a short Top 5 list about things I'm super excited for in Sun and Moon. This could potentially be the last post about the games before they come out and I speak about the full experience, but it depends on whether or not we receive any final news officially, which is doubtful as it seems that the last trailer, with the final starter evolutions, is the last one, and we also had the final Train On! video as well, so it's probably the last trailer, but who knows. Anyways, enough talk, let's get the list going.

5. Alola is based on Hawaii
Hawaii is one of those places that I really wish I could go to because, not only does it look beautiful, but my family has some small history there. My uncles, dad, and grandparents lived in Hawaii for a time before moving to different parts of the US. I've heard about how beautiful it looks, how lovely the weather is year-round. There's just something about Hawaii that I really love, and it feels like a mystery to me right now. And after seeing the Alola region, and playing the demo, and just seeing how gorgeous the region looks, it just gets me super excited.

4. Who're the true villains?
Now, fan theories and leaks aside, my gut and mind tell me that Team Skull is the main villains, and of course the trailers and the goofy thugs would seem to confirm it. However, Aether is researching Ultra Beasts and Cosmog; Lusamine, Lillie, and Gladion look alike; one of the Ultra Beasts shown in the leaks looks similar to Guzma; more leaks show off all of the battle animations, with a few of them specifically belonging to Aether. Now of course, that could easily mean it's a friendly battle, but we just don't know what to expect. I just want to see how it all comes together, and I want to learn more about Aether and a potential link between them and Team Skull. But until then, all we can do is speculate.

3. The Pokémon
I'm not one to dislike many Pokémon, if any, but I'm not the first to say that these designs are really amazing this generation. And there's so many Pokémon that fit criteria I didn't even know I had/wanted in a Pokémon. We have a game-exclusive evolution line for Rockruff, we have a new Ice Stone used for Alola Vulpix (It should also be used for Eevee to evolve into Glaceon), we have a lot of cute things like Cutiefly, Comfey, Cosmog, and the starters. All of the starter evolutions look awesome. Everything just fits so nicely in this generation. Gen 5 has always been my number 1 favorite region and has always had a lot of my favorite Pokémon, and it will continue to do so. However, gen 7 is going to change that and easily become my number 1.

2. The Hype
I know a lot of people dislike a lot of reveals and a lot of spoilers before the games come out. Typically, I'm like that too, but Pokémon is the only exception because I know I'm going to be spoiled somehow, and thumbnails from videos on the Pokémon YouTube channel will intrigue me and draw me in, among other things. Every reveal, every trailer, every leak, everything is just adding on to the hype, at least for me. The gorgeous locales of Alola, the updated graphic style that makes everyone more realistic and less chibi, the bigger amount of customization, the wonderful and catchy music. As the original reveal said, "It all comes together."

1. It's Pokémon
Cliché reason or not, you can't deny that long-time Pokémon fans are going to get the game no matter what, because we love Pokémon in any form. We take joy in playing and we take pride in our teams and partners. We train our Pokémon because we want to beat all of the rest, and we want to battle our friends. We want to trade with others and fill up the ever-growing Pokédex. But most of all, we want to have fun, and that's what we do. We draw fan art, we make fan-fiction, fan theories, we make theories, we hunt for secrets and Easter Eggs, and we squeeze everything we can out of such a wonderful franchise. Pokémon Sun and Moon are hyped up to the max, and I just can't wait to have Pokémon Sun in my hands before or on my birthday and have a blast playing through it, assembling my first team, and completing the story.

As always, thank you so much for reading, and I will see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment