Read in your language!

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

My 2nd Pokemon Sun Team

So, I of course had to make another team in Sun, this time based on Rowlet instead of Litten. And eventually I'll make one based on Popplio as well. Real briefly, I'll show you what they were!

So, of course it's led by Decidueye, which has to have my favorite design out of all 3 starter final evolutions. And the Grass/Ghost combo is pretty awesome. This, like Primarina, is what I actually hoped Rowlet would become when the Chinese leaks were spreading around the web, because those two looked wonderful. Not sure what to name it, honestly. As much as I would love to name it after Zelda's Kaepora Gaebora, I decided to name it after Animal Crossing's Blathers. Why? Well, part of Dartrix's entry mentions how it can become flustered and a little scatterbrained at times. I felt like it fit, honestly.

I honestly don't know why Ribombee is so cute and precious to me. Maybe it's that tiny smile? Maybe the tiny scarf it has? Whatever the case, it was enough to let it charm its way onto this team. Part of the deciding factor was its usefulness as Cutiefly in the early stages of Sun, especially during the battle with Hala, as its Fairy typing was a great choice against Hala's Fighting types. Not only that, but the pure resistance to Fighting was a huge help to Torracat, as it couldn't do it alone. I named my Ribombee Scarlet. Why? No idea why, maybe because of the scarf. It works for me.

As mentioned before, I was crushed when I couldn't bring Type: Null with me in my first playthrough, so I made sure it was brought to the next team. Silvally is useful as it can fit any type, and while in the Pokémon League, I gave it different memories for each member of the Elite 4, so that I could easily have an advantage over certain Pokémon. I called it Hope, which you'll understand once you learn of Type: Null's background and the origin of its name in the story. That's something I don't want to spoil.

Out of its 4 forms, I say that the Baile form is the default look for Oricorio. It just looks the best to me, but that's probably because of my extreme bias to red and black since they're my favorite colors. But it's cool that Oricorio can fit 4 different types (5 if you count Flying) to fit certain roles. As I used the Baile form, this means that mine was Fire/Flying. And boy, it definitely pulled its weight, especially with Revelation Dance doing some wonderful damage and Oricorio taking some huge hits, but still left standing. I loved using it. I called mine Camila, after looking up a list of Hispanic Baby Names for Girls, as I wanted to have some lovely-sounding name to match the Spanish dancer aesthetic.

And thus, Whishwashi got its vengeance and demolished many things as it showed the world that it can stand toe-to-toe with Golisopod in my eyes, and the amazing stat boosts from Schooling are amazing. Wishiwashi took down several foes and it was just so much fun to use. I still stuck with that original name plan: 2Cool4School.

I had to. After I saw how amazing Kommo-o was, and how loved it was among a couple of my friends, I had to use it for myself, and it did NOT disappoint! It was a killing machine and it's such an awesome Dragon type! And the part Fighting has its own uses and flaws, but it's still a fun Pokémon to use! I called mine General Scales, a silly callback to the secondary antagonist from Starfox Adventures. I felt that it fit. I had to shorten it to Gen. Scales, but it still works.

And that was my second team for Pokémon Sun, led by Decidueye! Next time I talk about a team, it will be the 3rd starter team, led by Primarina. Until then, see you all later! :D






No comments:

Post a Comment