Read in your language!

Sunday, November 20, 2016

My First Team in Pokemon Sun

So, I'm making some good progress in Pokémon Sun. Currently I'm on my way towards the 2nd trial on Ula'Ula Island, making it trial 6 out of 7, and still 2 Grand Trials left to do. My first team is fully assembled now, and save for one, they're all fully evolved. So right now, I'll briefly show you my first team, and possibly why I picked them (for the umpteenth time).

So as I've said before, I love Litten, and I loved using it and watching it evolve. At first, definitely not into how Incineroar looked, but I ended up getting over that quickly. I hoped, very much, that it wouldn't be Fire/Fighting, based on how it looks, and my prayers were answered when it was part Dark instead, my all-time favorite type. My Incineroar, Smokey, is doing some serious damage right now and it only gets tougher!

As said before, I love dogs and cats, so the duo of Litten and Rockruff working together is awesome. And now I have my Midday Lycanroc, and it's fast and powerful, able to take out pesky Flying types, and Bug types, with much ease. My Rockruff, named Roxas, evolved into Lycanroc prior to doing Kiawe's trial, so that I had a nice, strong type advantage over the Totem Salazzle.

Lurantis was a surprise to me when it wasn't part Bug, only pure Grass. This, of course, eliminated the weaknesses to Rock moves, and didn't curse it with a 4x weakness to Fire. It's also just really adorable, I love the pink and green color scheme and I think it suits it a lot. I searched high and low on Route 5 until I finally found my Fomantis, and, to continue with the silly names and silly jokes, I lovingly named it Mantis Bab.

As there's no official artwork for Golisopod shown yet, I have to simply show Wimpod. Wimpod wasn't my first choice for a Water type, that honor went to Wishiwashi, but once leaks happened and I saw Golisopod, Wimpod's evolution, it was enough to make me choose Wimpod over Wishiwashi, which I do feel bad about, but I love Golisopod! After finally reaching level 30, my Wimpod, named Omicron, became Golisopod, and it gained a MASSIVE boost to its Attack and Defense, and can crush anything in almost one hit thanks to the new move, First Impression!

While my Sandygast isn't a Palossand just yet, it's only 5 levels away from evolving, so it still counts. I love weird Pokémon, hence why I like the Trubbish, Vanillite, Klink, and Sandygast lines, among others. It stuck out a lot when I saw Sandygast and Palossand in the CoroCoro leaks, alongside Pyukumuku and Wishiwashi, and I exclaimed, "It's a sand castle!? It's a sand castle!" and I knew I wanted it. It has some dark Pokedex entries, and shares the same type as Golurk, one of my favorite Unova Pokémon. I wanted a male, to call it Sand King (horrible nickname, I know) but I learned that its encounter rate is only 20%, with the other 80% going to Staryu (thanks to Serebii for that information) so when I found a female Sandygast, well, I'm not picky about it. Now I have Sand Queen.

As I stated previously, I couldn't take Type: Null for certain plot reasons, so the choice was then between Bewear, Comfey, Togedemaru, and Komala, with the main choice being between Togedemaru and Komala. When images of the base stats and such started appearing, I decided to look, and when I compared the two, Komala won in pretty much everything, only losing to Togedemaru in Speed and tying with it for HP. Even so, Komala has a wicked 115 base Attack, matching Incineroar's base Attack, no less. It has yet to reach its full power, but my Komala, named Snoozer, will become really tough, I'm sure of it.

And that's my first team. I plan on making plenty of other teams, of course, but I only have half of my teams chosen for Rowlet and Popplio, but one day I'll get them done and I'll share it with all of you. As usual, thanks so much for reading, don't forget to vote on the poll for your favorite Grass starter, and I will see you later! :D






No comments:

Post a Comment