Read in your language!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pokemon Sun: The 7 I Couldn't Choose

Cryptic title aside, there were a lot of changes that had to be made when I made my first team in Sun. These are 7 Pokémon in particular that I had to change my mind about, for a few reasons, whether it was due to type choices or that another Pokémon was just... more impressive, in my opinion. Bear in mind, I don't dislike these Pokémon in any way, these are just some that I couldn't bring with me on that first run, for whatever reasons, with the last 3 being the ones I really hated not being able to take, especially the final one.

I like Bewear, and I also like Stufful a lot, but when it came time to pick a replacement for Type: Null, it was between Bewear, Comfey, Togedemaru, and Komala. Komala won in the end, and even then it was more of a battle between Togedemaru and Komala, honestly. Bewear, however, will be placed on my Popplio team when I make it, so it'll absolutely get its chance to shine.

Like Bewear, Comfey was in the last pick for my Type: Null replacement, but like Bewear, it was pushed aside for the two I wanted the most. I adore Comfey, and I've seen its shiny, and want it, but sadly it's not enough for it to make my Rowlet team (Primarina is part Fairy, so I don't let types overlap) as Ribombee just barely beat Comfey for that spot on the team, but I'll use Comfey on another team one day, I guarantee it.

An extremely close contender for my first team, Togedemaru lost to Komala when I saw that Komala just generally has the better stats, and doesn't have the frightening 4x weakness to Ground. Sure, Togedemaru has Magnet Rise, but it's still weak to Fighting and Fire. But like Bewear, Togedemaru has a secure spot in my Popplio team, so it, too, will get a chance to shine.

Probably the most heart-breaking part about Mimikyu not being on the Litten team is that is was the ONLY starter team that it could have been okay to be in. Decidueye is part Ghost and Primarina is part Fairy, so I feel really bad about letting Palossand replace it. But that's okay, because Mimikyu will lead its own team at some point, and even take part in a Pikachu-based team one day as well. Hang in there, Mimikyu, we all love you!

Because of my no-overlapping types rule, I had to keep myself from putting Salandit on my team, which killed me, as Salandit is one of my favorite gen 7 Pokémon, and I like Salazzle a lot, as well/ Salandit, however, will be placed in my Popplio team, as one of the main 3 Pokémon, alongside Tsareena and Primarina. I can't wait to use this little lizard, it's going to be so much fun!

One of the biggest and hardest choices I had to make, replacing Wishiwashi with Golisopod, as Golisopod just barely managed to beat out Wishiwashi in terms of "How much do I want this Pokémon?" However, like most of these Pokémon, Wishiwashi will find solace knowing that it can unleash its power within my Rowlet team, and crush its enemies with the School Form's raw power!

The most devastating blow for me, learning that Type: Null isn't until post game, and needing to make a sudden replacement. Komala won, sure, but it killed me that I couldn't use one of my top 3 favorite Alola Pokémon for the first game clear. As a consolation, I threw Silvally into the Rowlet team, and it can fit into any team thanks to the RKS System, which lets it be any of the 18 types. I'll definitely make up for not being able to use this mighty beast in battle.

And those are the 7 Pokémon I couldn't use in my first team, for various reasons. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday tomorrow, if you celebrate Thanksgiving, and thanks for reading, I appreciate it lots! See you later! :D








No comments:

Post a Comment