Read in your language!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Ah, one of my all-time favorites on my PS3, and not just because it's got Sonic on it. Sega Genesis was a huge part of my gaming time when I grew up, in fact my Genesis still works, and that was when my dad was a kid! He got the Genesis bundle that came with Altered Beast, so that'll tell you how long ago that was.

This game introduced me to a number of amazing games I never played on my Genesis, such as the Golden Axe and Streets of Rage trilogies, or the Phantasy Star games, and so on. They're all so much fun and I love playing them, they make me remember a more.. I don't know, fun, time where the budget and graphics were the most important aspect, besides gameplay. I mean, graphics don't make the game these days, but back then the graphics were the selling point. More bits meant better graphics, for the most part.

But discovering all of these old games was so much fun. Dynamite Headdy is one of my personal favorites, as well as the Phantasy Star and Shining Force games. I love them a lot and I need to replay them sometime, especially Phantasy Star 3, so I can try a new story with a different 2nd and 3rd generation child. I can't wait to also attempt to beat Phantasy Star 2, as well as finally get to finishing Shining Force 2.

All in all, this is a fun nostalgia trip, and if you love old retro games, this is definitely a good pick for you to get, as it's also on Xbox 360 and PC. I hope you look forward to the trophy guide tomorrow!

Have a nice day!~


No comments:

Post a Comment