Read in your language!

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Dexter's Laboratory: Deesaster Strikes!

Oh boy, do I hear the nostalgia screaming at me or what? This is honestly another "guilty pleasure" title for me. I love going back to it every now and then and completing it 100%. Considering I have Dexter's Lab within my top 5 favorite Cartoon Network shows, in my opinion, I have some bias, but come on, this show as amazing! I was really sad when it finally ended. I did, however, eagerly watch "Rude Removal" when it was put on the internet and everything and I still loved it. I miss this show but at least it didn't get a.. poor reboot like some OTHER CN shows. But I digress.

The simple concept of Dee Dee splitting herself into tons of smaller versions of herself is as classic as you can assume, like something right out of an episode. And as Dexter, it's your job to go through your lab to capture the many Dee Dees and put her back together again. I honestly just love how many levels there are. I also enjoy the music. I know that the GBA gets a bad rep for its sound font sometimes, but some games have pretty good music. A lot of the levels in this game had some pretty memorable music, though, and I always enjoy listening to them.

I also enjoy the concept of "returning to places you've been with new tools," which is something I mainly enjoy from the Metroid series. As you play, you collect tools like a hammer and screwdriver to fix some machines in the levels. This doesn't do anything, but if you really want that 100% completion, you have to do everything, and that is perfectly fine by me. It just adds a bit of backtracking, but not in an annoying way, in my opinion at least. Plus, you'll have captured the Dee Dees so you're mainly just blowing through each already-completed stage to fix a few things for that extra percentage.

I love this game, and I can easily kill some time playing through it and having a fun time with it. If you can ever try this game out, definitely give it a shot, especially if you enjoyed the cartoon. It may not be AMAZING, but I have fun when I play it. But it's up to you really. Thanks so much for reading, as always!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment