Read in your language!

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Favorite Pokemon: Sinnoh

Alright, we're on the halfway point now. And this is absolutely going to make me miss Sinnoh even more since I don't have my copy of Diamond anymore. Hopefully soon I can nab myself a copy of Platinum so I can finally enjoy Sinnoh again. Anyways, you know the drill, so let's go.

I'd never really had much interest on the Porygon line, since I never had a way to trade it in older generations. However, after making a mono-Normal team in Omega Ruby, comprised of my favorite Normal types in each gen, I learned just how fast and painful Porygon-Z can be. Like, it can hit hard and it can outspeed like nothing I'd ever seen. To be honest, I figured it'd be slow at best, but I'm glad I was proven wrong because I love using this little terror in my team.
Infernape, of course, is my favorite Fire type in Sinnoh. I like Piplup and Turtwig, but I think Chimchar just had a better impression on me. Of course, the Diamond and Pearl anime series helped to make me like Chimchar more, but even so, I think it's a fun Pokémon to use, and it's fast and able to dish out some serious damage. I'm not super fond of all of the Fire/Fighting starters, but out of the 3 evolution lines, I like Infernape the most out of all of them. 

I feel bad for Lumineon. It's always so overlooked and, well, forgotten. I haven't used Lumineon on a team just yet, but I plan on doing so because I can't wait to use it and show just how fun it can be to use it. I honestly find it to be such a pretty Pokémon and I'm surprised that it gets so overlooked. Sure, you can argue that there are simply better Water types to suit your needs better than Lumineon can, but then again, this is just my opinion. If you don't like any of the ones I like, that's no big deal, it's just a difference in opinion really. Either way, I love this fish.
So Pachirisu means a lot to me and it's not even because of the games. You might remember that I advertised a friend who's making a Fakemon Region: The Britannia Region. Well, when her and I met, she didn't even like Pokémon. However, after I showed her a lot of cute Pokémon and such, she gained an interest, and even though gen 6 was her first Pokémon generation, she still eventually got a Sinnoh game to get her Pachirisu, which she named "Snickerdoodle." She picked Pachirisu as her favorite Pokémon, as well as the subject to be her Pokesona, much as Cyndaquil is mine. Pachirisu will always be a reminder of the start of a wonderful friendship I have with her, and that's why it means so much to me.
My favorite Eeveelution. Now, to be fair, this Pokémon kind of gives me memories of an ex of mine, however it also reminds me of some other friends who mean a lot to me, so those good memories outshine the bad memories. I don't know what it is about Leafeon though. I think its cry is really.. relaxing? As you can tell from the cry, you hear what sounds like 2 cricket chirps near the end of it. This makes me think of calm Summer nights, and it just sounds nice. It also just really looks adorable, and I'm a sucker for brown eyes. Like.. I can't not love this Pokémon!

There's just something cute, and mysterious, about Froslass. I already liked Snorunt a lot, but wasn't the most fond of Glalie. After learning that it gained a female-based evolution in Sinnoh, I thought it looked awesome. Sure, being part Ghost now brings it the usual Ghost weaknesses of Ghost and Dark, but it's not exactly a pushover. I've used Froslass in a team once, long ago in Pokémon White, and it was the strongest member of that team. I'd gladly use it again the next time I made a journey through Sinnoh, whenever that'll be.
I'm not the biggest fan of Toxicroak, mainly because I actually haven't used it yet, but I think the Croagunk line is pretty cool. Sure it looks really weird, but when you're half Poison, you're not meant to look like Gardevoir, you know? Still though, from what I've seen of Toxicroak, it can rip holes in some Pokémon if used properly. Just.. watch out for Psychic, because they'll rip holes in Toxicroak.
Drapion is probably within my top 5 for Sinnoh, if not in my top 10. The fact that it uses two types I love a lot (Dark and Poison) gives it some pretty nice advantages. Fairy, Bug, and Fighting can't deal supereffective damage to it, and Psychic can't touch it. It's really only weak to Ground moves. Otherwise, this thing is a beast, and I just love the design and everything about it. I used it in a couple of teams and it dominated every time.
Even though a lot of people kind of dislike Rhyperior for one reason or another, I always found it to look awesome! It just looks more terrifying than Rhydon does, and if you don't agree, well that's perfectly fine. I've used it before and it did very well in crushing the Elite 4 in Unova, that's for sure. I can't wait to start using it again in Alola.

So I know that Staraptor is probably a very highly lover/over-rated bird, but it's probably my favorite of all of the "regional birds." It just looks so awesome and I know it's a strong beast to contend with. Like, you can just look at it and you can tell that it's going to be a little bit difficult to take this guy down... unless, of course, you're packing a Pachirisu ready to clip its wings.
When I saw Gallade I loved it immediately. It just looks amazing and I wanted one as soon as I saw it. I've used it before on a Sinnoh-based team in Y, and it took down plenty of opponents as I trained for the Elite 4. Next time I play through Sinnoh, I can't wait to use it again.

Another case of "I like gaming bugs, but I dislike irl bugs." But I really do enjoy this cricket. I also really love its mustache that is has going on. This is also another Pokémon that I can't wait to use in a team at some point because I feel like it could be a really fun and useful Pokémon to use. And even though its cry is kind of a meme, I still like it a lot.
I feel bad because I used to like Rampardos more just based on appearances. But after using Bastiodon in a team, I felt that I liked this big lug a lot more. Firstly, I just love its face. It looks so silly but in a charming way. I called mine "Tank" when I used it in a team, however long ago that was. And it sure did its job, it tanked a lot of hits and dished out a lot of damage. Sure, it's 4x weak to Ground and Fighting, but even so, its got a lot of Defense to make up for that

Sadly, I had never owned a Spiritomb in Diamond, as the method for getting it required usage of the Underground, which was awesome, but I didn't have any friends that I could interact with, so I was unable to obtain this awesome-looking Pokémon. However, seeing it in Cynthia's team made me think it was even cooler, because the Champion was using it (And it just so happens to be everyone's favorite Champion- Actually, the internet's favorite Champion would be more precise). I finally got one in Omega Ruby though, so that made me really happy to finally have it!
I've only used Garchomp once in a team in White. I remember using Gabite in the Battle Factory in Soul Silver though, and it was helping me out a lot in there. I love the design of Garchomp and I really like that it shares a typing with Flygon. Again, this means that Ice will utterly kill it, but it's still a lot of fun to see. I'm not too big on its Mega, however, but that's just me.
I think it's just the fact that it looks like a mob boss, honestly. Honchkrow, like Gallade, was a Pokémon that made me go "I want that, like right now" as soon as I saw it for the first time. And I've used it before too, it was Night Slashing everything in existence and it was pretty powerful as I went through Sinnoh. I miss using Honchkrow, so I'm going to need to throw it into a team sometime.
Lucario is here for multiple reasons. Out of all the Sinnoh Pokémon, I've had the most exposure to it. Obviously, the movie helped a bit. Smash Bros. Brawl and Smash 4 helped a lot, as well, and it just generally has a pleasing design and it looks really fearsome. Another signature Pokémon of Cynthia's team in the games, as well as a small story point for X and Y to introduce us to Mega Evolution, Lucario is just an all-around fun Pokémon and I love it a lot.
Togekiss is just adorable, and I've always loved it. Togekiss reminds me of another ex of mine, but unlike my other exes. this one is actually a wonderful friend still and I'm glad to have her around still, because she's an awesome friend and she's been there for me through a lot of stuff, and Togekiss really reminds me of her, hence why it's my favorite Fairy in Sinnoh.

And that's all for Sinnoh. Since I haven't played Diamond in such a long time, some of my memories are a little foggy, but even so, I love these Pokémon a lot. I'll see you tomorrow for Unova, my all-time favorite region, before Alola took the number 1 spot.

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment