Read in your language!

Monday, April 17, 2017

StarFox 64

Oh boy, am I having a nostalgia trip right now. This is a game that I need to put on every time I plug in my N64, just like Banjo-Kazooie and a few others. This was my first StarFox game, which makes me happy and sad. Happy because it's, in my opinion, one of the best StarFox games we have. But sad because I never got to play the SNES original, and I know I would have seriously enjoyed it.

In all honestly, despite there being several branches in your story progression, I'm unable to really do anything except follow the way to the true final battle against Andross. So, for example, when in Corneria, I always swoop under the rocky arches and have Falco lead me into the waterfall for a different boss encounter. Like.. when I play the game, my mind is hard-wired to do the "red path," or the path that leads directly to Venom from Corneria, on the far left-most side of the map (Depending on the angle you're viewing it from).

As I say with a lot of games, I love the music, and frankly everything about it. But the N64 always had a certain.. sound, to it. It's hard to explain or describe since I'm not tech-savvy with the inner workings of games and whatnot, but the N64 always had nice sounds, in my opinion. Like, sure it's pretty old at this point, but still very pleasant and enjoyable to listen to. It's like listening to some old-time music you loved a lot when you were younger and it was the biggest thing at the time, if that makes any sense.

I know they did a 3DS remake, and I really need to pick that game up some day, so I can play this game without having to plug in the N64 all the time, but I digress. I love this game, it's a classic, and I love it to death every time I play it again. Thanks so much for reading, and I will see you again soon.

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment