Read in your language!

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

You can't go wrong with a Kirby game. This was my 2nd Kirby game, actually. My first was Kirby's Dream Land on GameBoy, and I'd never had an NES. I also never had Kirby games on the SNES, so I missed Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby Super Star as well. I rented this game, back when game-rental stores were still a thing. Over here, we had a place called Hollywood Video where we could rent games, movies, etc. and also get snacks there too, like bags of popcorn you can make at home. I rented a lot of games there in the past and this was one of them.

As with any Kirby game, I think the game is adorable. Visuals are bright and colorful, the music is cheerful and peppy, everything just looks pleasing. One thing I enjoyed a lot was the ability to combine Copy Abilities into something new and fun. And they made sure EVERY ability had a combination with EVERY other ability, so you have a lot of variety with choices. For example, do you want a fire sword? Simply combine Fire and Cutter and you got a nice flaming sword that does what both abilities do.

You'll see colored patches throughout the game that, mainly, hide some of the titular Crystal Shards, which are needed to reach the true ending. For example, if you see a brown-colored spot on the ground, you need to have the Stone ability to break that patch. As long as you have Stone in one of your combinations, or on its own, you can break through it. You can always revisit levels with better combinations to reclaim anything you miss, so don't worry if you can't get it done in one.

I always loved the silly Multiplayer stuff, too, but it's way more fun with friends. I only ever did it alone against the CPU or a few times with my sister, but it's still fun overall, just like this game is. Thanks a bunch for reading and I'll see you all again soon.

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment