Read in your language!

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Last Battle

I guess we can say that this is one of my favorite games on the Genesis. I guess I believe so, since I make it a point to always play Last Battle when I plug in the Genesis. I've only ever beaten it once, I think back in 2009? It was something like that. But man was it a sweet victory! But jeez if this game isn't difficult at times. Seriously, the first world boss could give you trouble if you're not careful (Something I never put much thought into when I was younger).

From what I know, I believe this was based off of Fist of the North Star, but I don't believe they had the license so they redid some of the sprites and the name so that it wouldn't infringe on the FotNS name. Again, not too sure, but it's still a fun game anyway. I love punching or kicking people and watching them fly away in a comical style, the music is pretty catchy, and of course you have to love the detail on all of the sprites and backgrounds.

And then, once your power bar gets high enough, in true "tough guy" fashion, you rip your shirt off to show off your pecs and muscles and now every punch or kick comes out in flurries. And of course, you need that power to wreck the bosses in each area of the game (Although I've seen videos of people beating the bosses at default power, it's crazy how skilled people are).

But this is a must-have if you ever get a Genesis game or want to play other Genesis games. It's a bit difficult, but it's not impossible. I love it a lot, and I actually learned, prior to typing this blog post, that it was a Genesis launch title in the US! I never knew that, but that's amazing! But yeah, that's Last Battle, and man is it fun!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment