Read in your language!

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Duck Dodgers (N64)

I felt the need to clarify that it is not the tv show I'm talking about, even though I loved that a lot too. Anyways, Duck Dodgers, as you probably know, is a super hero alter ego used by Daffy Duck and Porky Pig in the Looney Tunes spinoff, and the main antagonist is Marvin the Martian. In this game your goal is to collect the 100 Energy Atoms scattered throughout 5 big worlds (which gives every world a nice clean 20 to collect.) in order to stop Marvin from ddestroying the Earth. And of course the bosses of each world are comprised of Looney Tunes characters, such as Yosemite Sam.

This game is something of a collect-a-thon mixed with a platformer. Think of it in a similar vein to Super Mario 64. Each area in each world will let you know how many more Atoms there are to collect, which usually ranges from none or 1, to maybe 3 at the most. When I call the worlds big, well.. they were certainly pretty big for 2000 standards. But they're certainly not tiny. Also, much like Mario 64, some areas within the worlds require you to have X amount of Atoms before you can enter, and outside of the area is a neon sign. If it has a red X, you haven't entered it yet. If it has a green checkmark, then you completed it AND got every Atom in there (I believe if there's some missing, the checkmark will be yellow, but it's been a while so I don't remember off the top of my head). The game has silly humor, as you would expect from Daffy Duck at this point, and some of those atoms are pretty well hidden. Like for one, you have to shoot some hoops in a basketball game, and in another you end up having to play Tennis on an arcade machine (it says Tennis, but really it's just Pong)!

All in all, this is one of my favorite games on the Nintendo 64 and I love going back to it and beating it in a day, usually. It's kind of funny cause I know where the atoms are by heart and how to get them. Then again I've replayed it countless times over the years. I love this game, and once I decide to break out the 64 again, I will definitely play this game again. Thanks so much for reading and I will see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment