Read in your language!

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Today's Pokemon Sun and Moon News Batch

So I just got up an hour and a half ago and I check my phone to see more wonderful Pokemon Sun and Moon info! I'm going to be going over the English trailer, so anything shown off in the Japanese trailer, I won't talk about, besides one small thing. But without wasting any more time, let's get into it!
First to be shown is this awesome chimera Pokemon called Type: Null (yes that's really it's name xD When I saw the thumbnail for the trailer, I actually thought it was a robot). It's pure Normal type with the ability Battle Armor, so it can't receive critical hits against it, which is really great. I LOVE this thing. I think chimeras are amazing creatures and I just frankly love how badass this Pokemon is. Type: Null gets a guaranteed 5/6th slot in my first team, depending on what happens with Rockruff's evolution when we see it in CoroCoro next week. But Type: Null is mine, and I can't wait to get one.

Next shown was this adorable little guy, Jangmo-o. It's pure Dragon and comes with the abilities Bulletproof and Soundproof, both of which are pretty cool abilities, especially Soundproof, which means it won't have to suffer through a Boomburst or other attacks like it. I like this little dragon, I think it's cute and I like how the scale on its head looks like a heart. Also its cry sounds like it's squeaking! I wanna see this little guy evolve into something fearsome, because I love this awesome yellow, silver, and black color scheme it has going on!

Next up, we see that Alola Rattata evolves into Alola Raticate. And all I have to say is that Alola Raticate either took lessons from Watchog, or it got too close to some bees, because those cheeks are really fat. As with Rattata, Alola Raticate is Normal/Dark with the abilities Gluttony and Hustle. It also plays a role similar to Gumshoos in the Island Trials but I'll get to that shortly. I like that Raticate is now really fuzzy and fat, and I think the chubby cheeks make it look a little less threatening. I don't know, I really like this look to be honest.

I said I wouldn't mention the Japanese trailer, but this Pokemon briefly appeared in it. And although it's not known what it is, a good look can tell you that this is Cutiefly's evolution, as it looks just like Cutiefly, but bigger and, well, more evolved. I'm sure we'll see more of this Pokemon eventually, but I think it's really cute and worth mentioning.

The next news is probably the biggest thing. Sun and Moon will be set 12 hours apart from each other! Yeah, that's crazy! That means that, for example, if you play Pokemon Sun and it's 12 noon, then if you play Pokemon Moon at 12 noon, the game will actually take place at midnight. How crazy is that!? One of the key notes is that certain events play out differently, like for example, instead of seeing a Totem Gumshoos at the end of one of your trials, in Moon it will be a Totem Raticate instead. I don't know how else this will play out but this sounds like an awesome feature and I can't wait to see how else it'll work in game.

Next up we're shown the Aether Foundation, a group of people who work to help Pokemon. They have a rivalry with Team Skull, with them essentially being rivals/enemies, as Aether wants to help and protect Pokemon, but Team Skull wants to steal them. We're given a brief look at 3 of the members and the general assistants. The first member is the president, Lusamine. Interestingly in her design, she has what almost looks like a Z-Crystal adorned to her outfit, and her long, cape-like hair almost makes me think she and Lillie are related somehow, because they look alike, even down to eye color and hair color. She mentions how she "will be a mother to all of those poor Pokemon and shower them with love, including Pokemon from distant worlds far from the Alola region." Almost seems like a nurturing mother to me. Next, we're shown Faba, Aether's Branch Chief. Sporting his signature green sunglasses, he mentions how the Aether Paradise is a paradise for Pokemon that floats far out in the sea surrounding Alola. This means that, on the Alola Map, the central, man made island is the Aether Paradise. He mentions how it was made by human technology to protect Pokemon. Next we see Wicke, the other Branch Chief. She mentions how Aether keeps Pokemon that are targeted by Team Skull, and tries to support Pokemon who need extra protection. Finally, we see a generic employee and Faba arguing with Team Skull grunts, telling them to not steal the nearby Slowpoke. Finally, we see a new character named Gladion, who is named Team Skull's Enforcer. What's interesting in him though, despite being in Team Skull, is that he has the same blond hair, green eyes combo like Lillie and Lusamine, but wears red and black clothing. Another interesting point is that in the trailer, he says, "You know you can't beat me. You'll just get your Pokemon hurt for no reason." After saying that, he looks away. I have an idea about him, actually.

What if Lillie, Lusamine, and Gladion are all related? Like what if Gladion and Lillie are siblings but are fighting for different teams because of some rivalry or some other reason? Gladion has no reason to mention Pokemon being hurt for no reason, if Team Skull only wants to steal them, sell them, and get rich quick. They sound like villains who wouldn't care if the Pokemon got hurt on their way to their goals.

Next, we get a cameo from X and Y! Assistants to Professor Sycamore, Dexio and Sina, return to give you the Zygarde Cube! This cube allows you to retrieve Zygarde Cells and Zygarde Cores in the field. The official site mentions that this might make the path to Zygarde more clear. Something tells me that once you collect them all, you can summon Zygarde and try to catch it. Who knows. Also of note is that, while hard to tell, Dexio and Sina are wearing rings. However, they lack the same shape as your Z-Ring, which leads me, and others, to believe that they're wearing Mega Bracelets!

Next, is the Poke Finder, which is essentially Pokemon Snap. In certain spots, your Rotom Pokedex can appear and activate the Poke Finder. There, you can take pictures of Pokemon in a cool Pokemon Snap fashion and you pick one to show off to other people, who can give it a thumbs up and comment on it, too. I think that's a pretty cool little side game that you can do to kill some time and unwind. I think it's cool cause I also really enjoyed Pokemon Snap when I was younger and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing another one.

Finally, for a brief 10 seconds, we get a small look at a mysterious new threat called an Ultra Beast! This is called UB-01. Interesting to note is that it's not explicitly classified as a Pokemon, just something that is a threat to people and Pokemon. We know next to nothing about UB-01, save that it's a huge jellyfish, and that its movements seem based on a young girl. If you look closely, the design of UB-01 resembles that of Lillie. Now of course, this doesn't mean that Lillie is UB-01, like people thought that Zoroark was N back in the Black and White days, but it could mean that this creature has a part of Lillie's DNA or something else. I definitely want to see more of these creatures though, they look very interesting.

And that's all the info on today's Pokemon news! There's a lot of cool stuff today, some more story elements that were definitely needed, even if we didn't get too much of it. I LOVE Type: Null and I really like Jangmo-o, as well as Alola Raticate. I'd love to see more about that Cutiefly evolution though, as well as more info on Aether and Ultra Beasts. If you made it this far, as always thanks a bunch for reading, I appreciate it! Next week, when CoroCoro drops, I'll be sure to talk about Rockruff's evolution and give my final thoughts on it, as well as possibly have my first Alola team confirmed. Currently I've also been working on getting snapshots for the 3D Dot Game Heroes Trophy Guide. I've been typing a lot, and I'm roughly halfway through the game getting snapshots, as I've done the majority of the typing all day yesterday. Anyways, I'm rambling. Thanks so much for reading and as always, I will see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment