Read in your language!

Friday, July 28, 2017

The Twitter Explanation

So, I'm sure that some of you might be curious as to why I suddenly want to make a Twitter for the blog, especially since, after almost a year, I've never made any mentions or any sort of inklings that I want it. Well, to be honest, it was kind of a recent decision, after thinking about it a little bit. Now, look, I'm very satisfied with what I have already: Nearly 6000 page views in just under a year (22 days until the 1 year anniversary, to be exact), and 13 followers. But despite that, I - much like any other person who has any sort of following ANYWHERE, big or small - always has that want of more, you know? Because you want your passion/hobby to be bigger, especially if it's for people to see. You want it to grow and you want it to, well, become bigger than it is. And, well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want it to grow anymore, because I do want it to grow more.

Twitter is a platform that is becoming more and more popular and accessible these days, and so many people use it. How cool would it be if someone just so happened to stumble onto my Twitter one day and found the blog, and liked it enough to leave a follow or something? That'd make my day - or week - for sure! It's small things that make me happy. Hell, my posts are lucky to gain anywhere near 10-20 views, on average, but that's still 10-20 people who decided to spend some time reading what I have to say, even if my thoughts are a jumbled mess, and I appreciate that so much, because this blog is a small distraction from the everyday stress that is life. Sure, my life isn't as annoying or ridiculous as a TON of people out there, and I'd never say that either.

But like.. I don't know. Like I've said in the past, certain YouTubers are inspirations of mine, such as Markiplier and Jacksepticeye, because they're just doing what they love, having fun doing it, and it makes people happy. Even if a blog isn't anywhere close to YouTube stuff, could you imagine if simply seeing me post each day was enough to make someone happy or feel better, all because they're reading the weird thoughts of a silly person behind his screen who loves Cyndaquil and video games too much? That alone would be the best thing I could ever hope for if people read my blog, you know?

I know that my posts are pretty lackluster, and I know that I run out of interesting things to say often, but if I talk about every game I own, well.. I'd probably run out of content quickly. And because it's summer, I haven't been drawing because, well, I'm really lazy during the summer, and I don't think many people can blame me for that. Also, wow, I've just been blabbering on and on. So much for a short explanation, eh? But then again, I didn't plan to type this much, but I'm glad I did. I like when people can see how I feel. it's almost like a journal, if that makes sense. But anyway, I think I've typed your eyes off for long enough.

Long story short, I think Twitter is a nice way to extend my blog and expose more people to it. Even if they don't follow or anything, it's still worth the effort, you know? I'll keep doing my best, and I know people will continue to read my blog, even if it's not too much. But it's better than nothing, you know? In the meantime, keep cool if it's hot, because the humidity is picking up over here. I'm continuing my quest through Tales of Zestiria, on my New Game Plus playthrough. I have a lot more trophies to get, but I know I can get it done. And then after, I think I need a nice break. Or a nice break from longer, taxing games like that, you know?

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment