Read in your language!

Saturday, July 29, 2017

So, About Zestiria's Final Boss... (SPOILERS)

*DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT ANYTHING FROM TALES OF ZESTIRIA'S FINAL BOSS SPOILED FOR YOU! JUST WANTED TO MAKE THAT CLEAR SO THAT NOBODY CAN SAY THAT I DIDN'T GIVE A WARNING!!*

So, I beat Tales of Zestiria two days ago, actually, and currently I'm working on the New Game Plus playthrough, which will also act as my trophy wrap up. But there's something that I've come to realize after struggling with Heldalf in the game's finale. But before I rant, let me just say that I'm partly at fault for rushing through and not doing as much fighting in the end (I was level 56-57 when I beat the final boss), as well as not really doing better with my equipment, since that's what this game really focuses on. Of course, I could have also grabbed some Anomalous Orbs to boost my HP more, but still. I kind of regret having to rely on the "spam Rose's Dream Slasher until you win" tactic.

So, the first phase against Heldalf is simple, just fight him, watch his attacks, beware his Mystic Arte, etc. Pretty simple stuff, but then phase 2 just.. really bothers me. Now in most Tales games, when you can't beat the final boss, what do you do? Get better equipment and/or gain some levels, right? Typically you have the best equipment the game can offer you at this point, including weapons and such. But, that's where Zestiria starts to stagger, in my opinion.

Now don't get me wrong, the equipment and fusion and skills/stacking stuff is pretty in-depth and it can be fun, but it's still kind of luck based. I don't like the notion that having the wrong equipment is what makes me lose, but again, I should have prepared better, so I'll take some responsibility for my losses. But anyway, on to his 2nd phase.

In the 2nd phase, you have to damage him enough to make him charge up Indignation, which is indicated by a red text box on the screen as well as his incantation of the arte. In this time-frame of about.. 25-30 seconds, maybe, you have to unleash all the damage you can on him, about 30,000-40,000 damage, to make him stagger, at which point you have Sorey use Siegfried and use up one of his Seraphim. You repeat this until you've used up the last one, then you enter one last phase which just requires you to use a Mystic Arte on Heldalf to win. Before switching to the Rose tactic, I could easily make it to the 3rd charging, but I'd get killed before I could stagger him the 3rd time, every time. Obviously I wasn't doing enough damage, and again, I have a lot of fault in this. But this isn't even the worst part...

There are trophies linked to defeating Heldalf's 2nd form without retrying. From Moderate to Chaos. I have to beat him on CHAOS difficulty without retrying, for difficulty trophies (Thank god the trophies stack), AND I have to defeat his powered-up form on Hard mode! Those trophies alone are ones I'm dreading, so I better follow a nice guide on how to beat him, or get as powerful as I can with herb enhancements if I can.

Sorry, I just wanted to rant a little, because bosses based on DPS annoy me, and even more so when Indignation is an instant-kill and game over. Like I see why it's like that but that's unfair, in my opinion.

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment