Read in your language!

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Boy do I love this game, so much. First off, let me just say that, yes, the anime-styled art and cutscenes are all produced by the legendary Studio Ghibli! If you don't know who they are, they were behind such films such as My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, and more. Totoro was actually a huge part of my childhood, I had the movie on VHS and I loved watching it often. But that's just a small reason why I like this. It's kind of funny how I came to own this game.

So my sister and I were heading to GameStop a couple years back, and they were having a thing where, I think, if you got 3 games, you'd get a 4th one for free. She was wanting to get a new copy of Skyrim for her fiancé, and I tagged along since it was a nice day, weather-wise. While we were there, one of the employees described this game to me, which I'd only seen in a few pictures online, and I think in Game Informer. It seemed really interesting, and I love RPGs so I was sold, and then I also got Deadpool (which will be another guide another time) while my sister got Heavenly Sword and then managed to get Skyrim for free. It was a nice day, gaming-wise!

But back to Ni no Kuni. This game exceeded all expectations and I was extremely hooked on it, playing this way more than playing Deadpool, and managing to play it when my sister wasn't trying to play Heavenly Sword (and failing/raging at it, at that). But this game is so much fun!

I won't go over any plot details because this is a story you NEED to experience without me spoiling it for you, it's that wonderful! But I believe the guy at GameStop asked if I liked Pokémon, and told me that it "sort of like that, mixed with a typical RPG like Final Fantasy." Now obviously this is not super identical to Final Fantasy or Pokémon, but you get the idea and he was honestly pretty spot-on. Recruiting and raising - and even evolving - Familiars is a lot of fun, and there's SO MANY KINDS! Some are cute, some are strong, some look kind of ugly, and so on and so forth, it's just so good!

If you're able to, download the demo on the PlayStation Store and give it a shot. I know that I'd have tried the demo if I knew about it before that GameStop trip, but take it from me, this game is beautiful, and I can't wait to try the sequel one day!

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment