Read in your language!

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Tales of Xillia

I remember when I first learned of this game, back when Vesperia was the latest game that came out (It was probably Graces that was the most recent but at the time, Vesperia was the latest to me) and back when I thought Xillia was pronounced ex-zill-E-uh. But the first couple of screenshots looked beautiful! Everything looked amazing, and being a Tales fan, I really wanted to play it.

Well, skip ahead to the end of May of 2016, when I went with my sister, my niece, and my mom to the mall, just to have a nice day out together, and while we're out, we pass by a GameStop, so I head inside, just to check stuff out and see what they have. Well, I quickly learn they have Tales of Xillia, among plenty of other games I'd love to play. Knowing there was a chance I could get Xillia that day, I decided to get it! I didn't play it until late that night though, I was relaxing after I got home and I wanted to chill out from the long day. And man, was I hooked.

To be completely blunt, it took me roughly 6-8 days to platinum this game, from the beginning to the end, with a Jude playthrough and a Milla playthrough, and it was so much fun! In fact, come 2017 I'm probably going to replay both stories again, because I definitely should go through it again. Hopefully I also manage to get Xillia 2, because I hear that has branching story paths, and I love that!

But like all Tales games, I have so much fun playing the game, I love all of the characters, I love the story, I love the differences between Jude's story and Milla's. I love everything. My usual party in this game consists of Jude, Milla, Rowen, and Elize, with Alvin and Leia filling roles occasionally, depending on what's necessary or depending on story locations.

But that's really all I have to say on Xillia for now. Look out for the trophy guide tomorrow. It really won't seem like much, honestly, because the game does a wonderful job at keeping track of trophy progress, and always has a progress bar with numbers so it's easy to follow and really useful, too. So it may be lackluster but it's still something from me to help others out. And of course, story spoilers will not be happening because I hate spoiling story elements, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment