Read in your language!

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Banjo-Kazooie

A Nintendo 64 classic. Ironically, I actually didn't own this game until maybe... let's say about 5-7 years ago, where we bought it at a local farmer's market, alongside Snowboard Kids 2 (I bet a lot of you just felt really nostalgic for a moment. That's okay, I did too. I should really play some N64 after I'm done with more Pokémon stuff and more Fates stuff.). Tooie, its sequel, was more fresh in my mind due to me already owning it, and Kazooie only being rented when Hollywood Video was still a thing. The irony is that, when I was younger, I almost beat the game, but I was stuck at the final Grunty puzzle. I guess younger me wasn't very good at getting more Jiggies. Back then, I actually thought that the picture of Grunty meant I was maybe going to a Grunty-themed level, maybe a park or something, and that the picture symbolized a big statue of her I'd have to climb up to reach her (The big irony is that Tooie had Witchyworld, which is, for all purposes, a Grunty-themed level. And the statue or Grunty is in her castle near the entrance to Bubblegloop Swamp.).

But I love this game, of course. It's fun, memorable, and has a few pretty tough challenges here and there. I'm looking at you, Rusty Bucket Bay and Click Clock Wood! One time, it took me 8 hours to beat the game 100%, but the most recent time I played it, it took me about 2 hours. Yep, 2 straight hours and I had every Jiggy. I actually like how I generally have everything memorized in the game. Not everything, but a lot of things, like Jiggy locations.

If you have a Nintendo 64, or an Xbox, you should definitely play this game. For Xbox, if you get the game on the XBLA or purchase the Rare Replay Collection, you're set. The RRC would be better though, because it has Kazooie, Tooie, and a bunch of other cool Rare games. Thanks so much for reading, and I will see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment