Read in your language!

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

You know, there's something funny about how I handle this game. Ever since I got it way back in 2008 alongside Sonic Unleashed, I have beaten it once every year since, with this year being the first that it didn't happen (Unless, of course, I plug in the Wii sometime soon and blow through it again, but I want to enjoy it, not just play it for the sake of... I don't know, obligation?). Not sure why I play it like that, maybe because the game is a little long and if I try playing it too much I'll grow really bored of it? Probably, that sounds about right.

But that aside, I do love this game. I love the 4 parts and how everyone comes together in Part 4, and you have a huge cast to choose from. Of course, this is an older Fire Emblem game, where infinite grinding is not possible. So, generally you just have to pick some units that work for you and use them, as spreading your experience too thin will come back to haunt you later. But there's one thing about this game that makes me love coming back to it.

I remember not long after I got the game and I went online to see about characters I might miss, as Fire Emblem has quite a few of those in nearly each game (especially in the ones I've played). As I looked, I saw people who were talking about good units and bad ones. I remember seeing one of them, a Sword Knight you recruit in Part 1 named Meg. I would see some people saying she's bad and to just use Brom or Tauroneo instead. Having not used Meg in my first playthrough, I wasn't sure if it was true or not.

So what I did was, on my next playthrough, I made sure to give time and effort into Meg, and in the end she became a Marshall and literally destroyed anything that came near her. She took nearly no damage from anything, besides some magic-users of course, and even earned the right to use the Alondite after part 2 of the Endgame. Long story short, she was well worth the effort.

That's what I love, going into a new playthrough with hopes of developing units I hadn't used before and seeing how fun they are to use. It was the same way with Leonardo, Edward, Rolf, and Laura, to name just a few. It's always fun to see what more I can do to have fun. The only thing I haven't tried are the Laguz units but next time I play I'm going to give them a shot. Long story short, I just love this game. Probably my.. 2nd favorite Fire Emblem game, just under Fates.

As always, thanks so much for reading! My sister is stopping by tomorrow so the post for tomorrow will either be up late or up super early, I don't know yet. But until then, I will see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment