Read in your language!

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Ape Escape 3

So I've only ever played 3 Ape Escape games. I've played 2, 3,and Pumped & Primed. And out of those 3 titles, Ape Escape 3 is the only one in the series that I still own. I traded in Pumped & Primed (not sure why) and I only rented Ape Escape 2, and never played the first one. But regardless, it's a fun game. The silly idea of monkeys gaining some form of sentience and donning colored shorts, and then you must go and capture them in a net, it's really weird and silly, but that's the kind of silly I like.

The theme, with everything being based around TV shows, is also a nice touch. Monkeys will have video cameras, some will look like a movie director, and then plenty of them will be dressed up to match the theme of the area (for example, an early stage has two monkeys dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf). It's just aesthetically pleasing, and there area ton of spoofs dotted around as well, such as a level that's meant to based off of Friday the 13th, complete with a monkey dressed as Jason Voorhees himself.

Another fun addition are Morphs, or different costumes that grant different abilities. You typically receive them in a stage before a boss stage, such as receiving the Fantasy Knight Morph within a castle level, then having to fight a boss stage against Monkey White in a robotic dragon after. It's all really cool and they, of course, are useful for the boss stages they're meant for, as they're given to you for a reason, obviously.

I haven't played this game in ages, but just like every single game I've been talking about on this blog, I should definitely go back and play it again some time. Thanks so much for reading, and I will see you later! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment