Read in your language!

Monday, February 27, 2017

Altered Beast

Boy, oh boy, now we're really getting deep into my childhood games. This game might have been the first game I ever played, but my first game in my memory was Sonic 3D Blast, but this was still super early, and I still love revisiting it every so often, mainly in the Sonic Genesis Collection on PS3, but I still pop this game in when I play the Genesis, too. I mean, it's short, so it's pretty easy to pop in and finish. Well, it's designed for that, I suppose, being a port of the arcade version.

As a kid, I always loved the quick transformation sequences, where it shows your hero turning into a were-beast, which comprises of a werewolf, were-dragon, were-bear, were-tiger, and golden werewolf. And of course, another big thing was dying, in which your character screams out in agony. In the arcade version, it's not as loud, but on the Genesis, it'll definitely scare you at first when you're not expecting it. Otherwise it's a straightforward, auto-scrolling beat 'em up game, for all intents. Collect the Spirit Balls from the blue wolves to transform, then beat the boss. Repeat until you get Game Over. After transforming, you have awesome powers, like the dragon being able to generate electricity around its entire sprite, or the bear being able to turn enemies into stone and roll into a ball, almost like Sonic in a sense.

There's not much to talk about with this game, it's very simple. But if you want some nostalgia, or you need to kill a half hour or so, definitely try out this classic, it's worth the time!

Have a nice day!~


No comments:

Post a Comment