Read in your language!

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories

So, here we are, finally. I'm really happy to finally talk about this game now that I have the stress-inducing platinum trophy for it. Despite how much the game might irk me at times, I do still enjoy this. I know I certainly enjoy it more than I enjoyed the GBA original, that's for sure, but probably because the battlefield is now bigger and you can more easily dodge enemy attacks and such.

Now.. I get it, the card-based gameplay isn't wonderful, and I'm sure this is probably everyone's least-favorite game in the series, and I won't lie, this is my least-favorite in the series as well. However, I do still enjoy it, and I do still enjoy the story and characters. I just don't have it up at the top of my list.

I do enjoy making rooms to fit criteria you want to use, though, such as using a card to make the room very small and all of the enemies are asleep, allowing you to easily ambush them, and once you're done you can simply pick a door and go. There's a diverse amount of room cards to use and I like being able to make everything fit how I want to get through each world. In some cases, you have little to no choice, especially when you need specific card numbers, but if you fight all the enemies you can, you'll never run out.

Building decks.. well it's simple enough, and it's easy to add or remove cards from the deck. The challenge is having a balanced deck for Sora and having plenty of CP to utilize such a deck. For Riku, his decks are pre-determined based on his world, so he's got it way easier than Sora. In fact, Riku's story is just way easier than Sora's, and I beat in less than half the time it took for my first Sora playthrough, when I did the first playthroughs, at least.

But even still, I do enjoy Chain of Memories, even if it does become a chore or a pain in the ass when you need to level-grind or you're trying to collect specific cards. But you'll see more on that in tomorrow's trophy guide. I'll see you then.

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment