Read in your language!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

My First Video Game Ever!

Confession time! No matter how much it gets put down, the Sonic series will always have a special place in my heart, because that's how I started gaming, on my dad's old Sega Genesis, that, to this day, still works like brand new. I actually never owned the original Sonic games, like Sonic 1-3, Sonic Spinball, etc., nor did I have Sonic games on my Game Gear. I honestly am only able to play those old games thanks to Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Gems Collection, and in Sonic Adventure DX via rewards as you collect more and more emblems. However, I own the first Sonic game I ever played on Genesis, and it's ironically the only Sonic game I own on a Sega system, as I never had the Saturn or Dreamcast. The game in question? This lovely game right here:
Sonic 3D Blast, the Genesis version, is my first game I have ever played, to memory, and it remains as generally my most favorite game, essentially for nostalgia and bias. There's just something about how amazing this game looks, sounds, and feels, and I always find myself dropping a couple hours just to blow through it, collecting all the Chaos Emeralds super fast, then milking the special stages for tons of points and extra lives, and just being surprised at secrets I'm still learning. I love this game a lot and no matter what games enter my Hall of Fame or enter my all-time faves, they will generally get beaten out by this game as it holds that special spot in my heart as the key that unlocked the door to the gaming world.

Another short post, I apologize, but I'll get better ideas soon, I promise. Until then, just small topics and details that kind of help you learn about me in the process. What was your favorite game? Do you remember your very first video game? Let me know, I'd love to hear about them! Don't forget to take part in this week's poll, your input is greatly appreciated! Until next time, thanks for reading and I will see you all next time! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment