Read in your language!

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Disney Art Academy Demo

I'm sorry that this post is so late. I kind of got caught up watching the end of the Pokemon World Championships earlier, and my lord was it inspiring and amazing to watch. Then I wanted to work on Fire Emblem Awakening and it was storming and, yeah, you get the idea. But neither of those are on the menu tonight. Instead, I'm just going to briefly talk about another demo I played last week that was actually sent to me through Spotpass: Disney Art Academy - or rather, the demo of it.

So much like Art Academy, and Pokemon Art Academy, Disney Art Academy is a game that helps you learn how to draw Disney and Pixar characters. As I say about the other Art Academy games, this is a wonderful way to help others learn how to draw, especially if they possibly have hopes or dreams of working with Disney one day, or if they just really enjoy Disney media. And if you don't fall into those two categories, but still love to draw, it's still a very fun way to hone your skills and maybe even improve. Since it's a demo, it comes with only two lessons. Kind of a let down, to be honest, as I wish there was at least one or maybe two more. But I get that they can't throw in too much of the content if it's only a demo so I can see why it's simply two. And the best part is that, despite it simply being a demo, you can still export your finished products to your 3DS' SD card and upload it to your computer to upload elsewhere. So, seeing as it's kind of pointless to explain the entire process, I figure I'll just briefly explain both lessons and show you my finished products. So, let's get cracking.

- Lesson One: Mickey Mouse -
So, let's face it, it's not Disney if you're not drawing Mickey in some way, shape, or form. The first lesson simply has you filling in parts of Mickey's face, using some lines as your guides. A nice tutorial, it's essentially filling in the lines. The tools are easy to use and if you mess up - or want to be perfect with your art, like I always do - you can just hit L as many times as you need to. So you make the hidden Mickey shape, which ends up as three circles, color in his face, get his eyes, then his mouth, splash more color in, and presto, you're done! My finished product looked like this:



- Lesson Two: Olaf -
Probably one of the most popular characters from one of the most popular Disney movies is Olaf the Snowman from Frozen. Now this time you're tasked with much more than simply filling within the lines and slight drawings of circles. This time, the 3D model of Olaf is translated to a 2D outline that is your working area. The catch is that this time, you're filling it all in, outline and all. That includes his coal buttons, his twig arms and hair, and his carrot nose. They give you fine-tip tools and even the ability to curve your lines, and the faster, or slower, you draw the line, the thinner or thicker the line becomes. It definitely takes a lot longer to do than it does for Mickey, unless you're quick with the stylus and not super concerned about being perfect, but still a lot of fun to do regardless. My final product looked like this:



And there you have it. I didn't want to go into too much detail this time, as it would simply spoil the fun of trying to draw these two yourself. Even if you believe you can't draw worth anything, this is still a nice way to kick-start your drawing career, or even simply start on drawing as a hobby, whatever you see fit. Despite that it was sent to me through a Spotpass notification, you can still download the demo off of the 3DS eshop if you'd like to give this game a try and see how well you do. I'm not sure how comments work on here, but if they allow you to share pictures, I would love to see what you come up with too! Probably pretty similar, all things considered, but still a fun little way to kill some time. If you made it this far, thanks so much for reading this post. Again, not the longest or most fun post, I know, but I'll get the hang of this one day. I just have to keep trying my best! Until next time, thanks for reading and I'll see you in the next post! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment