Read in your language!

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Why is Zestiria So Addicting?

I swear I just can't stop playing Tales of Zestiria (well, then again, I AM working on New Game Plus, following a 100% walkthrough so I don't miss anything, plus am going to spend a lot of time in postgame working towards whatever trophies I have left after I defeat Heldalf tonight), and I'm just making myself sad because I'm slowly going to be reaching the point where I have to accept the fact that I have to, before taking on the EX Dungeon, face Heldalf on Chaos mode, without retrying, for a trophy. Sure, I COULD just work around that and play the game 3 more times after this, but that would just be a huge waste of time, you know? I've seen videos and strategies, and so long as I can deal enough damage to his Armatized form, I should be fine. Seriously, that's the entire thing that worries me, being able to defeat his 2nd form. The first battle is straightforward enough, and the 3rd phase only lasts until you use a Mystic Arte against him. I've learned about how your stats level based on what's your highest-based stat. So, if your Attack stat is the highest, when you're seeing your equipment and such, you'll gain more points towards your attack upon level up.

And that's not just some theory or anything, the game specifically tells that to you upon reading the monoliths through the game. It's interesting to know, since I'm trying to get Sorey and Rose to have wicked attack power, while, at the very least, Lailah has high Arte Attack so Ancient Nova can do even more broken damage. Of course, having good Focus helps too, so you're not waiting as long to attack again, but thankfully I defeated the "shadow" versions of my party yesterday and retrieved my endgame equipment from my first playthrough, meaning I can only get better from here.

Anyways I just rambled, and I'm sorry about that. Here's hoping I can manage to defeat Heldalf a bit more easily tonight since I'm nearly 20 or more levels higher than I was in playthrough 1.

Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment