Read in your language!

Monday, July 3, 2017

Current Trophy Milestones

So it's been a little while since I've talked about my trophies and such. Currently I stand at 3,133 trophies, with 2,156 Bronze trophies, 660 Silver trophies, 258 Gold trophies, and 59 Platinum trophies. I know that's not a super big deal, but for having over 3,000 trophies, I'm pretty proud of myself. I'm just going to go through all of my trophy milestones, according to my page on PSN Profiles, and explain a little bit about them as we go along. We'll start from the bottom and work our way up, so I hope you enjoy!

First Platinum
Master Assassin - Assassin's Creed II
Achieved somewhere in September of 2011 (It lacks a timestamp)
I've gone over Assassin's Creed II before, but this game wasn't too hard to platinum. I pretty much did it in a week, and only needed to look up some things for the tougher glyphs and puzzles in order to unlock the trophies related to that. Everything else was pretty simple. But still, it was a fun game to trophy hunt, nonetheless.

First Trophy
World Warrior - Marvel vs Capcom 3
Achieved on June 17th, 2011
PSN Profiles gets confused when no timestamp is present, so it incorrectly lists the first trophy that has a timestamp on it, from Sonic Generations. However, my first trophy was this one, obtained the day I first got my PS3. And out of the 3 games I first owned (Assassin's Creed, Sonic 06, and this one), this had trophies in it. You'd think my first one would be to get a Viewtiful Combo, but I distinctly remember this, as the trophy image was red. I was so confused, because I only though Xbox stuff had an achievement system, I wasn't aware that PS3 did the same system, but with trophies and such. Still have yet to platinum this game, due to my lack of fighting game skill, but maybe one day I can finally get it.

500th Trophy
Katamari Speedster - Katamari Forever
Achieved on June 29th, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Despite being a Gold trophy, this was still pretty easy. Sure, Katamari Drive is fast, and as such it's easy to lose control, especially with a lower time limit to compensate for your faster speed, but I really didn't have a problem with this one. In fact, I got this trophy on the same day that I got the trophy for finishing all of the requests in the main mode, Katamari Forever Mode, just with a 7-hour gap, so if that tells you anything, I was decent with it. To be honest, I enjoyed the quick-paced Drive mode, it's a nice change from the slow paces at the beginning of each stage normally.

10th Platinum
Warrior Within - Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Achieved on November 16th, 2012 at 5:12 PM
As was needed for the first PoP game, I needed a guide to help me with the health upgrades and other such things, ESPECIALLY with finding all of the treasure chests, as I know I'd never find them on my own. Otherwise, everything was pretty simple. I sort of shot myself in the foot by taking on the Dahaka on Normal difficulty instead of Easy, but I managed to pull through eventually. All in all, a very fun game, and I should consider going through the trilogy again sometime.

1,000th Trophy
Ophthalmologist - Terraria
Achieved on May 12th, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I tried hardtop beat The Twins several times before I finally beat them. When I did finally beat them, I was so happy, because I was making progress, and all that remained was Skeletron Prime (Who I also had issues with, but finally conquered at some point, too). It was a tough fight, and I remember how tense I was, too, but I'm glad I beat them.

1337 Trophy
Familiarizer - Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Achieved on May 6th, 2014 at 2:42 AM
The easier of the two "Tame x amount of Familiars" trophies, kind of ironic that this was the 1337 trophy. All the same, though, I love this game so much, I can't wait to play the sequel one day.

1,500th Trophy
Vehicle Bombardier - Ratchet & Clank
Achieved on January 25th, 2015 at 3:12 AM
Since I was following PS3T while I went through the 4 R&C games, this wasn't too hard since I knew where to go and what to do. All the same though, one of my favorite game series ever.

20th Platinum
Eternal Light - Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Achieved on May 14th, 2015 at 10:55 AM
Boy this was a tough one for me, even with a guide to help me complete (essentially) everything I have to do within only a few in-game days. The main bulk of the difficulty came from the Final Dungeon on Day 13, where you can fight the Last Ones and eradicate a species if you're not actively hunting them down. Defeating the final boss inside, Ereshkigal, nets you a trophy, as well as the Ultimate Garb, which gives you another trophy as well. Then there's the Aeronite, and that's a story for when I do the trophy guide, because it was a VERY, VERY lucky win.

2,000th Trophy
Top of the Coliseum - Tales of Symphonia
Achieved on August 31st, 2015 at 11:05 PM
So, typically if you don't want to grind for the Tales Cameo battle, you'd wind up coming back here in New Game + with better levels and such, or you'd do this battle if you can get your hands on all of the Devil's Arms and manage to defeat Abyssion beforehand (which, might I add, nets you another trophy, as well as a title for Presea). Either way, if you're strong enough, you can't possibly lose. Just be ready for anything!

30th Platinum
Top Dog - Okami HD
Achieved on December 13th, 2015 at 7:38 PM
I love this game so much, whether I'm hunting trophies or not. It's a beautiful game and you should absolutely see it or try it out. The bulk of your trophy list is story-based stuff, with the rest being misc. things such as filling up your bestiary, tomes, and so on. With a guide you can easily bang out the tomes and the Stray Beads. Otherwise this game isn't very hard to platinum, in my opinion.

2,500th Trophy
Vyse the Legend - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Achieved on March 29th, 2016 at 8:03 PM
I think I just happened to get this since it requires you to beat a specific lap time in Rogue's Landing. I love this game, too, even if it's a bit difficult at times. At least it's not all of the best time trials though... *shudders*

40th Platinum
Shovel Justice - Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Achieved on April 23rd, 2016 at 3:30 PM
Hardest part of this platinum, hands down, was speed-running it. I had to watch a video or two to see how many mistakes I could afford to make, and how my runs through stages looked. Nonetheless, once I got the speed-run trophy, I was well on my way to earning the hard-earned platinum trophy. Wonderful game, and I love how it has a new name after the DLC came out.

50th Platinum
Chain of Memories Master - Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
Achieved on March 13th, 2017 at 12:51 AM
I've gone into detail about this platinum in the trophy guide, but boy was it rough for that final level 99 grind (more so for Riku, since Sora can just Mega Flare).

Fastest Platinum
True Thievius Raccoonus - Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Achieved on April 11th, 2017 at 9:02 PM (Total time: 6 hours, 22 minutes)
That time would have been even faster if I didn't get distracted so easily and I didn't have anything to do in the middle of it. Nonetheless, one of my favorite series, like Ratchet & Clank.

3,000th Trophy
Late Sleeper - Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Achieved on April 13th, 2017 at 2:33 PM
Just had to buy a simple thing here, no big deal, ya know?

Latest Platinum
Top of the Heap - Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Achieved on July 2nd, 2017 at 6:00 PM
Funny enough, my love for Jak and Daxter originated from curiosity and the desire to out-play my dad. When we first got a PS2 we got Kingdom Hearts and J&D. Dad played Jak first, but couldn't ever get past Klaww. One day, I played, zoomed straight past him, and beat the game by myself, and I've loved the series ever since then. Now if only we could get a true Jak 4...

And there you have it! I hope you enjoyed the silly trophy milestones, and I'll see you again soon! As usual, if you'd like to see my trophies, check out my user on PSN Profiles, linked below!


Have a nice day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment